Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-11-2009, 07:23 PM

23 posts, read 61,154 times

Advertisements

I am looking for a fitness center with an indoor pool in Eastern Wake County (East Raleigh, Knightdale, Wendell, Zebulon). Does this even exist???

I could potentially also do a pool inside the beltline Raleigh, but from what I see, membership fees are RIDICULOUS. I only need the pool for the next 12 weeks until I have my baby, so paying a huge joining fee and then $40-60/month makes NO sense. If you know of a place where I can join for just a few weeks without breaking the bank, let me know!!!

Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2009, 06:29 AM

477 posts, read 1,419,209 times
Gypsy Divers Pool does not have a fitness center, but they have a pay as you go lap swim option. They are located in East Raleigh behind Tower Shopping Center just outside the beltline. Gypsy Divers Aquatic Center; Raleigh's Finest Family Aquatic Center

Granite Falls Swim and Athletic Club is located in Rolesville, but easily accessible from 540. I don't know what their membership fees are; they just opened this summer. Granite Falls Swim and Athletic Club

Old 11-13-2009, 12:17 PM

166 posts, read 664,154 times
Try Rex Wellness Center at the White Oak shopping plaza area:

1400 Timber Drive East at White Oak Crossing, Garner. 661-6100.

This taken from triangle.com website entry: "What's offered: The centers offer customized fitness and health education programs. All three have heated indoor pools, sauna and steam rooms, whirlpools, exercise equipment and child activity areas. Swimming lessons for children and adults are available. The Raleigh center has an indoor track for year-round walking and jogging.

Go here for membership options and fees.

Fees: For individuals, enrollment is $125 and membership is $52 a month. Family and midday options are available."

Old 01-12-2010, 11:58 AM

1 posts, read 4,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trinitym View Post
I am looking for a fitness center with an indoor pool in Eastern Wake County (East Raleigh, Knightdale, Wendell, Zebulon). Does this even exist???

I could potentially also do a pool inside the beltline Raleigh, but from what I see, membership fees are RIDICULOUS. I only need the pool for the next 12 weeks until I have my baby, so paying a huge joining fee and then $40-60/month makes NO sense. If you know of a place where I can join for just a few weeks without breaking the bank, let me know!!!

Thanks in advance.
WakeMed on New Bern Ave. has a free walking track. They also have a pool but you must pay a fee - as I recall, it is not much. These are part of the cardiac rehab facility but anyone can use them.

Old 01-13-2010, 05:37 AM

1,515 posts, read 6,983,517 times
Pullen Park. Might be a bit of a drive, but its near NCSU. Also, in North Raleigh, there's Optimist Pool.

Old 01-15-2010, 04:58 PM

312 posts, read 867,974 times
Do you need a dr referral for the pool at WakeMed in Raleigh or can you just go in and sign up...?

Old 01-16-2010, 10:52 AM

1,495 posts, read 3,721,235 times
if you can make the drive I recommend Optimist and Millbrook Exchange Pools - $2.75 per swim with great hours. Happy Pregnancy!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary