U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2010, 09:02 PM

206 posts, read 656,332 times

Advertisements

Yep, had it here too-last weekend. First me, then 2 year old in the middle of the night. I think we did 5 loads of laundry that night. It just leaves you nauseous for days. Somehow my 1 year old was spared. Hubby came home from watching the Superbowl and got it 1 hour later. Particularly nasty considering all he had just eaten. Since we have young kids(germ spreaders) we know several other families with the same thing right now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2010, 11:09 PM
WDJ

286 posts, read 688,164 times
Got hit with this thing last Monday. Hurled food from the night before right when I woke up and was basically incapacitated the rest of the day. I kept off of solid foods for a day, and then I was normal again. Luckily, I didn't spread it to the wife or the baby.

Old 02-12-2010, 05:52 AM

509 posts, read 1,508,532 times
My wife wound up in the ER last weekend and was diagnosed with it. She said the cramping was worse than childbirth. Took three pain meds to give her relief. The Dr. said there were three others in the ER with the exact same thing. Just heard this morning that a case of Norovirus is running rampanty in the Raleigh area.

Old 02-12-2010, 06:05 AM

8,263 posts, read 21,803,020 times
NC health officials warn of stomach flu - 2/11/10 - Raleigh News - abc11.com

Old 02-12-2010, 01:39 PM

2,543 posts, read 6,148,237 times
I rarely get sick, but have been unlucky enough to get this twice so far in the last few weeks. Luckily it only last 24-36 hours. Uggh.

Old 02-12-2010, 05:56 PM

1,420 posts, read 4,447,256 times
My dad lives in a retirement community and the place has put restrictions in place and closed the central dining room, etc. Visitors are not allowed into the community until at least Feb 28. Knock on wood, my Dad is ok....

This must be a really virulent strain of something.

Take care everyone...wash those hands!!

Old 02-12-2010, 07:21 PM

10,696 posts, read 20,114,276 times
Wife and I had it, me first, lasted a good 3 days for me, everything I ate went out the other side in 30 mins or less. So I just stopped eating. Nasty!!

Old 02-13-2010, 10:17 AM

1 posts, read 2,466 times
The N.C. Division of Public Health has reported an increase of outbreaks for noro–viruses, a group of viruses causing gastroenteritis or the stomach flu.Despite the flu name, its not related to the influenza virus responsible for respiratory illnesses, but still causes unpleasant symptoms, including nausea, diarrhea and some stomach cramping. The state agency has tracked outbreaks gong back to late November and spread through catering services, restaurants, day care centers, schools, hospitals and nursing homes.“It’s so contagious, and it spreads so fast,” said Janet McCumbee, personal health services manager for the New Hanover County Health Department. McCumbee said without testing, people do not know for sure if a norovirus is to blame for their illness.She said it was difficult to tell for sure whether the viruses are spreading locally because most people recover after a day or two and don’t get tested.But McCumbee said she has heard enough stories about people with the symptoms to know it probably has been circulating in the area.While most people only get knocked off their feet for a couple of days, the viruses can be dangerous for some groups, health officials warned.“Although these kinds of illness outbreaks are common, the dehydration caused by the symptoms can become serious for children, elderly people and people who are already dealing with poor health conditions,” State Epidemiologist Jeffrey Engel stated in a statement.

Jamestown Middle School in Greensboro, NC had 110 cases with students and 19 teacher also had the stomach flu last week per New 2 broadcast last Friday.

Last edited by Green Irish Eyes; 02-13-2010 at 01:49 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary