U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2010, 09:32 AM
jgb jgb started this thread

480 posts, read 1,049,292 times

Advertisements

Cary, Morrisville officials talk merger :: WRAL.com

This is an article from WRAL about town officials discussing the possibility of Cary and Morrissville merging.

Do you think that will happen? Is it a good or bad idea?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2010, 10:34 AM

2,932 posts, read 6,713,975 times
hmmm interesting...i guess it would reduce confusion. there are some people that live in morrisville but have cary mailing addresses or vice versa.

Old 01-16-2010, 10:40 AM

9,558 posts, read 26,408,859 times
I think it will come down to how much $$ benefit their is. I can also see the resident of Morissville voting against this out of concerns that their interests would be overwhelmed by the much higher population of current Cary residents.

FWIW, I would like to see Cary forcibly annex the land along Capital Boulevard so Saturnfan will officially become a resident of Cary!

Old 01-16-2010, 01:16 PM

9,198 posts, read 21,151,892 times
The N&O covered this. It was an off-the-cuff idea tossed out at a brainstorming session that has turned into a rumor that the towns are considering merging.

Cary-Morrisville merger? Not now - Local/State - NewsObserver.com

Quote:
The comments, made during a retreat for the Cary Town Council and town staff, were part of a discussion that examined how Cary would grow during the next 20 years. . . . Though it was mostly hypothetical - part of an exercise in which council members blurted out ideas and questions - the idea quickly spread across town borders. By late afternoon, alarmed Morrisville officials were dousing rumors with measured words.

Old 01-16-2010, 01:23 PM

31,589 posts, read 55,295,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Raleigh_Guy View Post
I think it will come down to how much $$ benefit their is. I can also see the resident of Morissville voting against this out of concerns that their interests would be overwhelmed by the much higher population of current Cary residents.

FWIW, I would like to see Cary forcibly annex the land along Capital Boulevard so Saturnfan will officially become a resident of Cary!
We have enough "yuppies" already.

The lower taxes in Cary might benefit Morrisville citizens, but, really, this is just a puff of smoke. Worthy of banter, but hardly worthy of any serious consideration.

Old 01-16-2010, 02:10 PM

869 posts, read 2,600,195 times
Is there a hot stock tip on a company that makes just beige paint?

Old 01-16-2010, 02:13 PM

11,791 posts, read 27,436,549 times
Sherman Williams...Killim Beige!!! It is what a lot of the builders use and I put it in my bathrooms and I tell all my sellers to use it. Everyone loves it! It is Sherwin Williams top seller!

I'm not offended by your beige remarks! I love beige! ALL SHADES of beige!!! (wink)

Vicki

Old 01-16-2010, 02:16 PM

1,832 posts, read 4,454,390 times
You guys are all cracking me up!! I really hope this does NOT happen. I love Mo-ville, and am really excited to see how the new downtown and historic district is going to play out. I thought I would hate living in a small town but I love it.

Old 01-16-2010, 02:53 PM

3,155 posts, read 9,578,322 times
As an outsider, and looking at the economies of scale I don't see why Morrisville and Cary would not merge. It seems it would benefit Morrisville financially. And if Mo'ville isn't interested maybe Cary will want to merge with South Durham. Just think of all that tax revenue from Southpoint.

Old 01-16-2010, 03:07 PM

869 posts, read 2,600,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiR View Post
Sherman Williams...Killim Beige!!! It is what a lot of the builders use and I put it in my bathrooms and I tell all my sellers to use it. Everyone loves it! It is Sherwin Williams top seller!

I'm not offended by your beige remarks! I love beige! ALL SHADES of beige!!! (wink)

Vicki

Vicki,

I live in Cary, in a beige house. No joke!

I also hope Mo'ville stands alone. I work with people who have lived there all their lives and have town pride. It really makes no personal difference to me, but they are trying to emerge on their own. Does it seem feasible that they can?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary