Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2007, 06:27 PM

184 posts, read 802,054 times

Advertisements

Does anyone have any feedback on this subdivision. I notice that many of the homes are offering builder incentives of 10K if a home is purchased by a certain date. Do you think this is because the subdivision is in its final phases or might these be homes impacted by a close location to the proposed 540 highway. I toured Cameron Pond when visiting Cary in a few months back and thought the homes were beautiful...I would really appreciate any opinions/thoughts y'all might have

Thanks!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2007, 07:03 PM

997 posts, read 4,644,586 times
Cameron Pond is a very nice neighborhood with pool. Nice custom homes with some great builders. What the custom builders include in their packages are very generous in my opinion. Most include a heavy trim package. If you are unfamilair with that term, I am refering to molding and woodwork. Most include wrought Iron railings that are popular now. Kitchens are nice and most give you granite. Nicer closet package. Too many details too list.

Yes, 540 is coming in between Cameron Pond and Cary Park. That won't happen for a bit. 540 is only coming to Highway 55 now. The road is not even in yet for 540 there.

Most of the new construction neighborhoods i've taken clients to lately are offering incentives. There is alot of competition in that area now. Weycroft is there. Cary Park is still building Southbridge with John Wieland. Amberly is building the Village and Peninsula. There is also Greystone, Weldon Ridge and soon to be Copperleaf. Highcroft is also expanding. There is a lot going on in that one area.

You are close to RTP. Brier Creek is not too far away. 540 will be a great asset. There is shopping planned for the Alston area which is not far and shopping for Cary Park. High House and 55 has shopping now. Southpoint is so close down O'Kelley Chapel to get there. The is the new stone creek shopping and cornerstone High House and Davis. There is just so much going on. For schools, there is the new Panther Creek and Cary Park will have an elementary school in the future. Nice choice I think.

Old 05-24-2007, 07:24 PM

2,187 posts, read 8,006,893 times
We considered this neighborhood. I agree the homes are nice. Our issue was the airplane noise. It is in a flight pattern for RDU.

Old 05-24-2007, 07:30 PM

997 posts, read 4,644,586 times
It is in the flight path but on the very outer edge. There will be airplane noise all over the the Morrisville, Northwest Cary, parts of Apex, North Raleigh and Durham. In the Triangle, you will be affected by a plane, train or some major roadway or highway to come. This has not affected resale value at all in the area.

Old 05-24-2007, 09:27 PM

39 posts, read 253,456 times
Cameron Pond homes are beautiful custom built homes. Look carefully the
homes very close to the proposed 540. We liked the homes, but dropped
because of lots & 540. You can also look at MI Homes Grey stone
(Gables) on Green level Durham Rd. They are nice and come up with
all nice upgrades!

Old 05-24-2007, 09:42 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,241,694 times
I actually took clients in to Cameron Pond a week ago.

There are actually two sections...the homes in the $600s and up and those across the street, which are in the $300s and $400s.

You can actually see where 540 is coming. Its very close but the lots further away shouldn't be affected.

Homes were beautiful.

Vicki

Old 05-25-2007, 02:03 PM
bta

284 posts, read 1,885,332 times
Cameron Pond was the first community we looked at in Cary. We really liked the homes and the varied look resulting from 11 custom builders. Then we did some research and became less enthusiastic about the community:

1- 540. When we were looking - a lot of their inventory was on the 540 wooded buffer. It actually cracked us up each time the on site agent would list "wooded buffer" as a big plus. Sure - a wooded buffer is nice - but not when it's only 100 feet from a 6 lane interstate. And coming from Northern VA, we assumed there would be a sound barrier next to the road. When we mentioned it to the agent,she looked at us like it was such a novel idea. So no, no sound barrier - just 100 short feet.

And Vicki is right, there are some lots that are not on the "wooded buffer" but you have to get pretty far back in the community before you can really say you'll be safe from the noise. I'd suggest you find a neighborhood in North Raleigh that has 540 running through it and experiment with how far back in the community you need to go before you are free from road noise.

2- Lot size. The lots in Cameron Pond are pretty small. The backyards often come together at weird angles so it looks like you're sharing your backyard with 4 or 5 different houses. While we weren't looking for huge lots - just a bit bigger than Cameron Pond.

3- Impact communities. We finally did some more research on Impact Communities. Impact is the developer for Highcroft, Cameron Pond, and Weycroft in NW Cary. We really liked Highcroft. The builders are pretty much the same as Cameron Pond and the lots are a little bit bigger and come together with fewer strange angles. Unfortunately, Highcroft was pretty much complete except for homes on their 540 wooded buffer. The portion of Highcroft on 540 is smaller than Cameron Pond - so less of the neighborhood is affected. So we began tracking the resales in Highcroft but never found one that quite fit.

4- Weycroft. There was literally nothing in Weycroft when we first found it. We were introduced to it by the builder of my parents home in Durham, Legacy. When we went to visit, the only thing there were the lot stakes. But that gave us a good idea of the lot size and how the homes would be placed. A few months later we found a home we liked and bought it. We've been in Weycroft since February and love it.

Regarding airplane noise, as jln69 said, you're going to get some airplane noise throughout much of the triangle. Think of it as a good indication that you're close to RTP - which is a great location. When we lived in Northern VA, hearing DCA airplane noise meant you were close to the city - prices only went up as you got close to DC. You don't really hear people in Georgetown complain that they're right in the DCA flight path.

Anyway - below is the 55 composite decibel line south of RDU.

Weycroft is green
Cameron Pond is blue
Highcroft is red

And yes - even though Weycroft is outside the noise contour - you still hear some plane noise. Just means you don't have to have buyers sign a document stating they realize they're in the flight path.

Hope this helps.

Old 05-25-2007, 03:06 PM

2,187 posts, read 8,006,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jln69 View Post
It is in the flight path but on the very outer edge. There will be airplane noise all over the the Morrisville, Northwest Cary, parts of Apex, North Raleigh and Durham. In the Triangle, you will be affected by a plane, train or some major roadway or highway to come. This has not affected resale value at all in the area.
I wasn't worried about airplane noise for resale value as much as daily living. For us we could not tolerate the noise. When we were out there it was very loud. Especially when we returned in the evening when everything else was quiet.....then the taking off and landing of the planes was very noticeable. We like it quiet We had a hard time finding that in the Cary, Morrisville, Apex area. One of the main reasons we ended up in Holly Springs I guess

Old 05-25-2007, 06:12 PM

184 posts, read 802,054 times
Just wanted to thank everyone for the responses regarding Cameron Pond...this is exactly the type of information I was hoping for...this forum is such a great resource!!

Old 05-25-2007, 07:09 PM

250 posts, read 1,245,857 times
Just a couple of clarifications/additional information about Highcroft, some of which is anecdotal.

1. Highcroft is not expanding. There is a completely new development called Highcroft Village (also an Impact community) that is being built between Highcroft and Rt. 55. It is not an expansion of the existing Highcroft, but in fact a separate development with different design standards. For instance, Highcroft has sidewalks on both sides of the street throughout the community. Highcroft Village will not. None of Highcroft's community ammenities (e.g., pool and tot lot) will be shared with Highcroft Village. This is just a case of the developer using the reputation that Highcroft as to help sell this new, adjacent (but separate) community.

2. Cameron Pond does not actually have the same set of builders as those in Highcroft. Many are the same, but at least a couple of the Highcroft builders opted out of Cameron Village. In fact, the builder we used in Highcroft explained they choose not to participate in the Cameron Village devleopment b/c they didn't feel the development had the same marketability that Highcroft does (e.g., the elementary school right in the neighborhood, Sears Farm Park, the neighborhood all in "one piece" (not separated by a relatively major road) which makes it very cohesive and walkable, and the eventual linking of the greenway trail to Thomas Brooks Park and the Tobacco Trail (which goes all the way to Durham to the north and Chatham County to the south).

Don't get me wrong, I think Cameron Pond is a very nice development, all things considered, I just think that Highcroft has a special combination of things that personally suits us very well.

I hope this is helpful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary