U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
 
Old 01-18-2010, 03:46 PM
 
107 posts, read 275,108 times
Reputation: 46

Advertisements

I am planning a trip to Ikea the weekend of 1/29-31 and would be happy to pick up the item for you if you have not gotten someone else to do it by then.

MJ
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-18-2010, 03:47 PM
 
Location: Cary, NC
2,135 posts, read 6,838,161 times
Reputation: 1588
Quote:
Originally Posted by superorb View Post
What does this have to do with the original post?



Thanks, but I'm really looking for the IKEA one.
Yeah, but someone else reading the forum might want to buy one locally. Or you may not be able to find someone to go out of their way to buy a $3 item for you! Have you tried IKEA FANS | THE IKEA Fan Community ?
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-18-2010, 04:01 PM
 
Location: Denver, CO
431 posts, read 833,772 times
Reputation: 194
Quote:
Originally Posted by daprofessor View Post
I am planning a trip to Ikea the weekend of 1/29-31 and would be happy to pick up the item for you if you have not gotten someone else to do it by then.

MJ
That would be great! If you need anything from me please PM me. I haven't yet found someone else, so you're my best bet at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAtoNC! View Post
Yeah, but someone else reading the forum might want to buy one locally. Or you may not be able to find someone to go out of their way to buy a $3 item for you! Have you tried IKEA FANS | THE IKEA Fan Community ?
Thanks, I'll check them out.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-18-2010, 05:26 PM
 
1,106 posts, read 2,952,578 times
Reputation: 825
What is so special that you would drive all the way to Charolette or D.C. for IKEA or even make it a point to stop there if you were in the area.

I figure it is no different than any other furniture store or import store. I guess it is like crack to some people.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-18-2010, 05:38 PM
 
Location: Cary, NC
502 posts, read 1,080,599 times
Reputation: 719
Quote:
Originally Posted by superorb View Post
Would you mind picking the item up for me when you go? I live by Cary Crossroads.

It looks like we won't be heading to Charlotte for a bit.

Have you found someone who can buy your item in a timely manner?
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-18-2010, 06:17 PM
 
Location: Denver, CO
431 posts, read 833,772 times
Reputation: 194
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike052082 View Post
What is so special that you would drive all the way to Charolette or D.C. for IKEA or even make it a point to stop there if you were in the area.

I figure it is no different than any other furniture store or import store. I guess it is like crack to some people.
Wow... Just wow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCInMyMind View Post
It looks like we won't be heading to Charlotte for a bit.

Have you found someone who can buy your item in a timely manner?
It looks like Daprofessor may be able to pick it up for me, but thanks for letting me know.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-18-2010, 07:50 PM
 
Location: Midtown Raleigh
1,074 posts, read 2,824,253 times
Reputation: 950
I'm glad you found someone to pick it up for you. I know you're unwilling to drive for it, or pay shipping from eBay, but I hope you plan to compensate the stranger who is going out of his/ her way for you.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-18-2010, 08:22 PM
 
1,106 posts, read 2,952,578 times
Reputation: 825
Quote:
Originally Posted by superorb View Post
Wow... Just wow.
That doesn't help me. Hurry and answer. I feel as though I am missing out on something here.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-18-2010, 09:08 PM
 
Location: Denver, CO
431 posts, read 833,772 times
Reputation: 194
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike052082 View Post
That doesn't help me. Hurry and answer. I feel as though I am missing out on something here.
Where do you buy your groceries?
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-18-2010, 10:00 PM
 
1,106 posts, read 2,952,578 times
Reputation: 825
Quote:
Originally Posted by superorb View Post
Where do you buy your groceries?
The closest grocery store I can get to, I like Harris Teeter the most. And the Farmers market if I have time.

(not seeing what that has to do with anything)

So now will you answer my question.
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top