U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2010, 05:19 PM

1,336 posts, read 2,701,492 times

Advertisements

Thanks for the replies, they helped more than you all could possibly know.

What we found out is that what we are looking for, in the price range we were looking did not really exist. (Our expectations were not reasonable). We found cars we liked, at a price just above our range, and we found some really nice cars in our range, but they had more issues than we were willing to accept.

It took us going out and seeing several lots to come to this conclusion.

We are probably going to keep what we have for a while and/or address some other priorities (than cars).

Again, thanks for the feedback and recommendations. We needed to get out and see for ourselves what was out there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2010, 03:30 PM

13,155 posts, read 16,904,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewUser View Post
You say you want local. . . . but if you were willing to change your mind. . . . . I bought a BMW M3 from these guys 5 years ago and was really pleased with the transaction. They have a huge selection of high end luxury as well as exotics. I flew to Houston and drove it home.

Expo Motorcars: Homepage - Take the ride of your dreams! Bentley | Ferrari | Lamborghini | Mercedes-Benz | Jaguar | Porsche | BMW | Lexus | Land Rover | Maserati | Aston Martin | HUMMER
We did the same thing two years ago, from a dealer in VA. They treated us well, delivered the car to us, and we're very pleased. It has all the bells and whistles, runs great, and we saved $5-6K by going farther afield (through the internet). Maybe we were just lucky, but it sure has paid off! We find car prices here rather unreasonable and dealers not willing to budge much.

Old 02-10-2010, 12:58 AM

1,275 posts, read 1,724,592 times
We purchased a 1 year old BMW for our daughter from Performance BMW in Chapel Hill and were very happy with them! We negotiated a GREAT price and the service was (and still is) excellent! Our daughter was also in an accident with her car (she was rear ended) and I took the car to several places for repair quotes and Performance beat them all and we were very pleased with the repair work. When I need to get a new car (whether new or used) I will definitely go back to them!

Old 02-12-2010, 10:36 AM

352 posts, read 1,186,013 times
Has anyone had any dealings (good or bad) with Fast Cash for Cars on Glenwood Avenue?

Old 02-12-2010, 10:44 AM
T|K

868 posts, read 2,113,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daisyboat View Post
Has anyone had any dealings (good or bad) with Fast Cash for Cars on Glenwood Avenue?
I know the owners and sales guys and have for several years. Very good group of guys to deal with. I would buy from them, and I have quite a few friends that have bought from them with no issues.

Plus Jeff has a killer personal showroom of cars.

Old 02-12-2010, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T|K View Post
I know the owners and sales guys and have for several years. Very good group of guys to deal with. I would buy from them, and I have quite a few friends that have bought from them with no issues.

Plus Jeff has a killer personal showroom of cars.
Do they also buy cars, like Carmax does?

Old 02-12-2010, 01:23 PM

997 posts, read 4,166,308 times
Speaking of Carmax does anyone have any experience with them. Their prices seem very high. We are looking for a used car for our HS daughter. I love their website. I can search from home and see all their inventory within our price range with pictures.

Old 02-12-2010, 02:14 PM

352 posts, read 1,186,013 times
Yes, Fast Cash for Cars does buy cars like Carmax does. They actually have a big sign out front right now advertising that fact.

Old 02-13-2010, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jln69 View Post
Speaking of Carmax does anyone have any experience with them. Their prices seem very high. We are looking for a used car for our HS daughter. I love their website. I can search from home and see all their inventory within our price range with pictures.
Like Jacobson Toyota, they don't negotiate. Their prices are fixed. It makes for a more pleasant shopping experience, even if you don't buy from there. It's a good place to see a lot of different makes without being pressured. They seem to be nice people there, and you know they're a bit higher priced, so if you go anywhere else, you have a good frame of reference in terms of warranties, prices, quality, condition, etc. I think it's a good way to compare.
If someone is trading a car, they may also give a better trade-in than someplace else, and that may offset the price of the purchase, though I can't vouch for that as I've never discussed trade-ins with them. Just a thought.

I think they also have a lower "documentation fee". It's outrageous what some dealers charge for a couple pieces of paper. That OUGHT to be part of their cost of doing business, rolled into the price. I can do my own documentation for a fraction of that.

Old 02-13-2010, 02:52 PM

4,529 posts, read 7,054,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jln69 View Post
Yes, I bought a used jeep from them. I'd only ever bought new ones before that time. I received the same excellent level of service from them as I did from other dealerships. I was very pleased with the price and they beat the Raleigh jeep dealership's price. At at separate time I also sold them a car, they gave me the highest bid for it than any other place.

I would definitely deal with them again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary