U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 01-19-2010, 01:55 PM
 
15 posts, read 23,535 times
Reputation: 15

Advertisements

Does anyone live in Amberly, Heritage at Wake Forest, Bedford at Falls River, Wakefield Plantation or any other planned community that they love?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-19-2010, 03:01 PM
 
Location: NC
2,872 posts, read 4,960,406 times
Reputation: 2082
I have lived in Wakefield for over 10 years now and love it. We especially like our street, lot, neighbors, proximity to shopping and activities, and nearby nature. Bedford and Falls River look nice, but feel cramped to me. heritage also looks nice, but I think they get dinged with higher Wake Forest property taxes. If Heritage was around when we had been in the market, I'm sure we'd have considered it. I have not seen or hear of Amberly yet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-20-2010, 12:49 PM
 
Location: Cary, NC
116 posts, read 285,352 times
Reputation: 56
I just moved to Springhill in Holly Springs/Fuquay. I absolutely love it. Holly Springs is really growing and our neighbors are really nice! We recently started a book club =D
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-20-2010, 01:26 PM
 
494 posts, read 1,193,434 times
Reputation: 347
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2002momofboys View Post
Does anyone live in Amberly, Heritage at Wake Forest, Bedford at Falls River, Wakefield Plantation or any other planned community that they love?
My folks and many friends in Heritage,they love it,amazing community,every imaginable amenity,and more coming all the time.Wake Forest hands down!I've heard in wakefield there are some tensions in the schools,due to the fact that you have a 1.5 million house next to a town home,so the kids get "money clicky"Now thats not my opinion I'm just saying what I've heard.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-20-2010, 01:32 PM
 
Location: NC
2,872 posts, read 4,960,406 times
Reputation: 2082
Quote:
Originally Posted by samdan View Post
My folks and many friends in Heritage,they love it,amazing community,every imaginable amenity,and more coming all the time.Wake Forest hands down!I've heard in wakefield there are some tensions in the schools,due to the fact that you have a 1.5 million house next to a town home,so the kids get "money clicky"Now thats not my opinion I'm just saying what I've heard.
Generalizations are generally not good. There are always cliques in every school, whether it be rich kids, poor kids, black kids, white kids, etc. I have numerous friends with kids in Wakefield schools who have had good experiences, others who have had bad experiences, and others who use private school. I can't say for sure what I will do when our daughter is old enough for school but considering that I can almost see all three schools from my front porch, it would be a shame not to be able to attend those schools!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-20-2010, 01:35 PM
 
494 posts, read 1,193,434 times
Reputation: 347
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDUBiker View Post
Generalizations are generally not good. There are always cliques in every school, whether it be rich kids, poor kids, black kids, white kids, etc. I have numerous friends with kids in Wakefield schools who have had good experiences, others who have had bad experiences, and others who use private school. I can't say for sure what I will do when our daughter is old enough for school but considering that I can almost see all three schools from my front porch, it would be a shame not to be able to attend those schools!
I agree,the OP can take it for what it"s worth.Like I said I've heard a few people that live their make the comment,but I do agree with what your saying.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-25-2010, 10:58 PM
 
2,241 posts, read 2,189,378 times
Reputation: 2224
Default We love Amberly

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2002momofboys View Post
Does anyone live in Amberly, Heritage at Wake Forest, Bedford at Falls River, Wakefield Plantation or any other planned community that they love?
Lived here for almost 4 years. Very tight-knit neighborhood. Amenities center is second to none, especially now that the hours have been expanded to 6AM-9PM - now working people can use the facility.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-26-2010, 12:07 PM
 
90 posts, read 197,326 times
Reputation: 124
I live in Carpenter Village and I love it. It is the only house I have owned that felt like home. The neighbors are friendly. There are lots of amenities: pool, pond (fishing), walking trail, volleyball, tennis, restaurant, and a few shops. It's within walking distance to the library. The location is outstanding with an easy commute into RTP and the rest of the triangle.

We are moving at the end of the school year due to job relocation.
I will probably rent out the house and try to come back here in a year or two.

It's a great neighborhood and I am sad to be leaving here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-26-2010, 12:50 PM
 
Location: Downtown Raleigh
1,619 posts, read 2,899,280 times
Reputation: 2032
We absolutely love Bedford. It is a close-knit community with great amenities. We chose it over Wakefield because our older children could not get to the amenities (pool, tennis courts, etc.) without crossing major streets. We chose it over Heritage because of the distance to my husband's job closer to downtown. However, all three neighborhoods are wonderful places to live.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top