Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2010, 06:28 PM

151 posts, read 404,903 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by annesg View Post
Thanks, guys! We are debating leaving Sprint (it's ok but you know, nothing stellar) and going with an iPhone or maybe the new Nextel phone--the one using Android OS. OR just getting phones and being over the "need" to be connected all the time. Our cell phone bill is usually $160 with 2 phones with data, unlimited texts, and I don't remember how many minutes but we don't go over. I kind of like the idea of rollover minutes. UGH.

Unfortunately it doesn't look like we can scrap the data for now, either, according to sprint's website.
If you're thinking of leaving Sprint, suggest you read through some of the "Tips & Tricks" on sprintusers.com. I've been a Sprint customer since 1997.

My phone:
BlackBerry Tour 9630.

My plan:
1000 anytime minutes
Unlimited nights/wknds starting at 7PM
Unlimited Sprint to Sprint calling (not to "any mobile")
Unlimited Roaming
Unlimited SMS (text)
Unlimited MMS (pictures/video)
BlackBerry Internet Service (BIS, e.g., unlimited internet + email + all RIM services)
BlackBerry Enterprise Server (BES, e.g., unlimited corporate connectivity / corporate email)
TEP (warranty + insurance)
Sprint Premier (e.g., full rebate on new device every 12 months)

My bill last month including all taxes: $47.35.

My wife's plan is similar to what's listed above, but with a Curve 8530 (brand new) - 1250 minutes and excluding BES (but including BIS). Her plan costs $49ish after taxes.

My brother's plan is the same as above, excluding BIS/BES but add normal internet (he doesn't have a BlackBerry or a Smartphone). His plan costs $30/month after taxes (absolutely ridiculous), because I was able to weasel a $20/month recurring indefinite credit on his account.

Net: as long as you have reasonable credit with Sprint, you should be able to do better with Sprint than any other provider .. as long as you speak to the right people in the right way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2010, 06:12 PM

211 posts, read 613,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelsup View Post
expensive fast.
Very, very, very, very fast. I was given an iPhone which had shattered glass which I fixed. Before I could get the data plan added I had run up $180 in pay per use. AT&T helped me out, but I was shocked.

Old 01-21-2010, 06:49 PM

8,269 posts, read 25,106,298 times
We bought a new phone over Christmas and were told by an ATT employee that if you own a Smart Phone they will automatically start charging you the data plan. You can still buy an ATT Non-smart phone though. That's what we did.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary