U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2010, 10:11 AM

494 posts, read 1,196,799 times

Advertisements

Can you answer some questions I have specifically about your roads,and shopping plaza"s.First,are your center medians landscaped and well manicured or is it just grass/ weeds/trash?Second,are the roads maintained as far as not having rutted muddy shoulders,banged up gaurd rails etc.Third,Are the shopping plazas in the area well landscaped,clean and well maintained?Lastly,Are the shopping/retail areas modern,and or remodeled,or is it like stepping into 1975?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2010, 10:23 AM

69 posts, read 147,577 times
This is yuppie central, of course everything is new and pretty and perfectly landscaped.

It feels a little bit too much like stepford for my liking.

Old 01-20-2010, 11:55 AM

997 posts, read 4,169,000 times
Yes. Not all but most. Cary Parkway and Weston Parkway has almost all completely landscaped medians. Very pretty to drive down. Preston Corners intersection (High House/Cary Pkwy) is the pretties intersection I think. Kildaire Farm is also very pretty between Cary Pkwy and Ten Ten Rd. Regency Parkway is very pretty. Cary does take great pride in maintaining its look. As you get closer to the older areas and Crossroads the look is a little different but it's certainly still nice.

Old 01-20-2010, 01:03 PM

2,807 posts, read 3,788,621 times
Cary's population has grown nearly ten-fold since 1975, so you're not going to find much that could even be from before that time.

Old 01-20-2010, 08:48 PM

869 posts, read 2,607,853 times
In Cary, roadways are well policed for trash. The exception that comes strongly to mind is US1 between Walnut St and Hwy 64 offramp. Being a state maintained road, and having traveled it today along that stretch, it is a wretched mess. Appalling amount of trash. This is not Cary's fault, but due to the status as a state road, it's still mighty embarrassing.

Old 01-20-2010, 08:53 PM

8,269 posts, read 21,872,064 times
Why not pop over to Cary and drive around?

Old 01-21-2010, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamishra View Post
Why not pop over to Cary and drive around?
I was considering that,since I've never been.Stop in Trader Joe's while I'm there.

Old 01-21-2010, 07:01 PM

1,520 posts, read 2,302,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eloyfan View Post
In Cary, roadways are well policed for trash. The exception that comes strongly to mind is US1 between Walnut St and Hwy 64 offramp. Being a state maintained road, and having traveled it today along that stretch, it is a wretched mess. Appalling amount of trash. This is not Cary's fault, but due to the status as a state road, it's still mighty embarrassing.
Every single time I come back from the mall I look at this and just think this is not like Cary or even Raleigh. Terrible...someone should organize a trash cleanup there its been like that as long as I can remember. I'll help.

Old 01-22-2010, 06:43 AM

4,597 posts, read 10,247,277 times
Cary strikes me as what 'they' had in mind as the "best of Suburbia," Stepford or not.

Moving here from Wilmington, NC, where there are few, if any restrictions, I'll take Cary any day. Wilmington, by comparison, aside from the downtown or historic neighborhoods, is just plain u-g-l-y nowadays. When I go 'home' to visit family, I am always happy to get back to Cary.

Old 01-22-2010, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rory breaker View Post
Every single time I come back from the mall I look at this and just think this is not like Cary or even Raleigh. Terrible...someone should organize a trash cleanup there its been like that as long as I can remember. I'll help.
But it is,it's all over.Numerous threads on this.It's deplorable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary