U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2010, 05:36 AM

29 posts, read 55,166 times

Advertisements

Hello Everybody in the Raleigh area... I have sold my house in the south of France and am moving to NC in May. I have searched for houses on Realtor.com and the only places I can afford and think will suit me are Sanford and Crawley. I heard a lot of good about the Crawley schools and that is important because I have a 10 yr old.

Can anyone who knows crawley tell me which part of town to avoid.
I do not want to live in a "neighborhood" because It cramps my style.What is Jack Road like? I would like to know if is acceptable because I do not want to find myself in a trailer park either or facing a nuclear power plant. The old houses are hard to find. I need space for my cat that likes to wonder so I do not want large roads (for my sake to).

I am a tad cosmipolitan, not a snob, not uberrich and have full sleeve tatoos. This can become very alarming to some people in a community pool believe it or not. They look at me like I am growing a second head... there goes the neighborhood as they say. I will be persona non grata at all the barbecue parties and it will hurt my daughter. That is why I think maybe a neighborhood is not for me. In the event I find a nice house with nice neighbors in a "community", how much does it cost usually for the pool, tennis and whatever they offer.

MANY THANKS FOR ALL THE FEEDBACK FROM YOU CLAYTONITES OUT THERE.

Last edited by badmommy34; 01-21-2010 at 05:38 AM.. Reason: missed a sentence
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2010, 06:20 AM

5,357 posts, read 15,048,880 times
I have no comments, but I wanted to congratulate you on using more emoticons in your post than anyone I've seen in a month

Old 01-21-2010, 07:21 AM

4,529 posts, read 7,034,062 times
Honestly, at first I thought your post was someone having us on! But, I see you've posted on other threads and have been looking to move for a while.

First, Crawley...Jack Rd.. do you want to tell US where that is? You say Sanford...maybe there is another forum that can help you with this? Sanford is South of Raleigh, a nice town. Somehow I don't see you being comfortable there.

After reading some of your other posts, I am surprised you didn't pick Austin, TX. It is Raleigh's sister city, a nice place, and the last time I was there I saw loads of people who were heavily tattooed as you say you are. I believe the highest concentration of them was Congress Ave? They worked in, or owned, some of the funky stores there. Many of the women had the neck tattoo, had either brightly dyed hair or shaved heads. And, had piercings. I was there for a medical conference and you can imagine how my colleagues and me stood out on that street

have you ever been to Raleigh?

Old 01-21-2010, 07:21 AM

3,777 posts, read 7,163,842 times
Google Maps
You can use streetmaps to go along at ground level, too.

On Jack Road I saw both houses and trailers. Some houses were not set back very far from the road. For your cat I think you'd want to be farther back. Also, there aren't many trees, if that is important. I wouldn't let my cats roam there, but I'm probably overprotective.

Are you planning to rent until you know the area better?

Old 01-21-2010, 08:51 AM

OK EVERYONE I AM GOING NUTS. I keep on calling CLAYTON "Crawley" for a reason I cannot understand. I have done that with 2 realtors who had to email me back to make sure what town I was talking about.
There is this house for sale in CLAYTON on Jack Road. It is a steal and I was wondering why. My father used to say "what's cheap is cheap" so, if anybody knows Jack Road in Clayton maybe they can tell me all about it's inhabitants.
here is a link.
Thank you and sorry for the mistake.

Moderator cut: City-Data does not allow links to specific properties for sale

Last edited by Green Irish Eyes; 01-22-2010 at 07:28 PM.. Reason: Links to real estate properties are NOT allowed.

Old 01-21-2010, 08:53 AM

I want those teeth.... I am sooo scared of French dentists that I need a few crowns when I get back.

Old 01-21-2010, 09:34 AM

207 posts, read 351,074 times
ok, this property is about 5 miles from my house. It is not in a subdivision and there are no pool/golf course type subdivisions near this house. It is a short sale and pictures look pretty bad. There seems to be plenty of room outside for animals. This is pretty much in the "country" meaning no school or grocery store for 8-10 miles.

Old 01-21-2010, 10:07 AM

3,777 posts, read 7,163,842 times
The listing on another site calls it a "fixer-upper." It's been listed since 6/2/09; the price was reduced by $10,000 on 10/30. The lot is almost triangular, wide at the road.

The neighboring houses were also built in the 1960s.

There are some smaller roads that come off of Jack just south of the house. I'd call them "neighborhoods," but not the pool kind.

Old 01-21-2010, 11:39 AM

Unhappy A house a house my kingdom for a house in nc

Just got an email from a realtor I am working with. He says the road in front o that house is limited at 55 mph....I think I will look at something else.

I found alot of houses at very decent prices in places like Dunn, princeton, stanford, zebulon.... Are these towns completely boring or conservative?

Any suggestions.... Pittsboro was my 1st choice but my wallet can't
follow.

Any suggestions?

Old 01-21-2010, 12:18 PM

4,529 posts, read 7,034,062 times
You really need to come see these places, they are very, very small towns. have you been here before? Princeton, I think that was one of the places that flooded during hurricane Fran...google it. I was serious when I suggested Austin, it's a cool place, with an interesting mix of ppl. I also think you'd love New Orleans, the vibe is cool and they have the Laissez-faire attitude. You'd probably find a great deal there on a home now.

If you are dead set on this area, you must see it first! BTW how are the schools where you are, what are the big issues? What town are you in?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary