Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-21-2010, 06:07 PM

8 posts, read 21,239 times

Advertisements

We are most likelt relocating to the Cary / Apex area in March. (we should know exactly where by next weekend)

My husband and I will both work out of the house and will travel to see accounts which are located mostly east of Raleigh.

What is the traffic like going out of Cary (US1 to 40/440East) towards the east in the am and westbound in the pm? I am hoping that since it is going against RTP that it won't be as bad but we all know what you get for assuming.

Sorry for the multiple posts tonight... just in the final phase of selecting an area to prospect when we get there next week!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2010, 06:43 PM

43,291 posts, read 77,115,925 times
I've always felt like coming west on the south side of Raleigh was "interesting." Like everyone figures the gendarmes are working the RTP/eastbound, and they can go pedal to the medal.
Some pretty "sporty" driving going on, but you can make great time as long as no one takes out a couple of lanes.

The merge to US1 south from 40 could be interesting, too. You would hit traffic coming from North side of Raleigh and RTP traffic on an interchange that backs up both ways.

So....80MPH to sit a spell..

Old 01-21-2010, 09:47 PM

8,269 posts, read 25,108,254 times
it's much easier going east in the AM and west in the PM than going in the opposite direction, but it can also be heavy too.

Old 01-21-2010, 09:57 PM

10,728 posts, read 22,827,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nadine21404 View Post

What is the traffic like going out of Cary (US1 to 40/440East) towards the east in the am and westbound in the pm? I am hoping that since it is going against RTP that it won't be as bad but we all know what you get for assuming.
While not nearly as horrid as going into RTP, I think it would get very old very fast, having to go from west of Raleigh to East of Raleigh all the time. I think looking at somewhere like Knightdale that already IS East of Raleigh would make much more sense, and Knightdale isn't as overdeveloped as Cary or the other Western Wake towns either are or are on their way very soon to being.
Also, there are some nice parts of Garner that are near 40 and a quick jump to 440/64 going East.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary