U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-24-2010, 08:00 AM

29 posts, read 55,207 times

Advertisements

Hi, I am seriously thinking about purchasing a house in Clayton. It is on South Barbour street near the corner with Blanche street. Can someone out there tell me what the traffic is like on Barbour. It is 8 ft large and for European standards that is big.

Thank you Very much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2010, 10:21 AM

20,583 posts, read 22,739,853 times
What is 8 ft large in standard measurement?

The lots look to be 50-75 foot wide and about the same in depth..

Some are smaller and a few are larger.

The houses look to be 1300 sq ft up to 2000 sq ft...?

blanche street clayton nc - Google Maps

Old 01-24-2010, 10:46 AM

10,323 posts, read 18,675,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badmommy34 View Post
Hi, I am seriously thinking about purchasing a house in Clayton. It is on South Barbour street near the corner with Blanche street. Can someone out there tell me what the traffic is like on Barbour. It is 8 ft large and for European standards that is big.

WHAT is "8 feet large"? The house?

Old 01-24-2010, 11:00 AM

3,779 posts, read 7,172,992 times
If I'm right about which house it is, the 2009 property tax was $822. The lot is about 9500 sq ft. The house is either 1292 or 1575 sq ft. It was built in 1933.

It has 10 ft ceilings.

It looks like a nice house, but I didn't find the 8 ft. OP is asking about the roads, though, and the traffic. Maybe the 8 isn't important?

Grammatically, the "It" refers to Barbour or traffic.

Old 01-24-2010, 12:27 PM

11,794 posts, read 27,459,245 times
In the past, while people were buying real estate like crazy folks, I had many calls from people that wanted to buy homes without seeing them. It became so commonplace that the RE contract was changed so that there was a space to say that the buyer had not seen the house. I never thought it was a good idea for investors and I think it is less of a good idea for buyers.

Coming from another state, you really have no idea of the area that you are looking at. Coming from another COUNTRY, you really have no idea of what you are looking at! No offense intended but it is crazy!

Clayton is a great town. I have recently closed on two homes in the area so I am very familiar with it. However, for someone coming from another area, it may or may not fit what you are looking for. And, buying a home that is not inside of a subdivision brings with it many other issues. Since you have no idea of what surrounds this property, how do you know it is safe or convenient to shopping or conveniences that you may need?

Buying an "as is" property requires that you are educated to what you are buying. Inspections are necessary.

I realize that this house looks like too good of a deal. And...we all know that sometimes what looks too good to be true really is.

Vicki

Old 01-24-2010, 01:38 PM

223 posts, read 497,851 times
It's in the downtown area near the police station. It is not on a main road but is one block away on all sides from pretty busy streets. You may hear a lot of sirens in that area as one of the fire stations is close by there too. But...it is a convenient location- walking distance to the whole downtown area, a church, and extremely close to highway 70 which is where a lot of the retail, etc is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary