Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-25-2010, 05:13 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,312,703 times

Advertisements

I cant remember where I gain this information but in
my thread Weird Places And Things To Visit In North Carolina

It states
Quote:
New Bern & Raliegh Durham Airport
Do you know someone needs a good butt kicking then there is a machine made to do just that.
One is located in parking lot behind at the Angus Barn Restaurant near RDU
Newbern location is 10 miles east on highway 70.
The principle of the machine is to turn the crank which will turn the pulley that rotates these boots to give a good kicking.
Does this still exist?
and does this still exist?
Quote:
Durham, North Carolina
Do dinosuars exist they do in Durham Athletic Park. It a leftover from Life and Science Museum.
Or have you seen weird or unusual, please add it to that thread .
Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2010, 07:41 AM

32,801 posts, read 36,059,005 times
New Bern New Bern, NC - Tom Haywood's Self-Kicking Machine I don't know the name of that shop. I wonder if it's still open?

Raleigh Raleigh, NC - Self Kicking Machine #2 Fine Dining at Raleigh NC's Premier Steakhouse - Wine Cellar - Wedding Venue: Merchandise (http://www.angusbarn.com/merchandise.htm - broken link) You might have to call them.

Old 01-25-2010, 09:07 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,312,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
Raleigh Raleigh, NC - Self Kicking Machine #2 Fine Dining at Raleigh NC's Premier Steakhouse - Wine Cellar - Wedding Venue: Merchandise (http://www.angusbarn.com/merchandise.htm - broken link) You might have to call them.
omg I would need a butt kicking machine after paying for a dinner there I would have to eat off the kids menu
the place looks cool though

Old 01-25-2010, 09:20 AM

2,698 posts, read 12,128,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
omg I would need a butt kicking machine after paying for a dinner there I would have to eat off the kids menu
the place looks cool though
funny, i thought the exact same thing after i went there once. haven't been back since.

as far as i know, the butt-kicking machine is still there. it's been over a year since i've been there, though.

Mike

Old 01-25-2010, 09:23 AM

214 posts, read 693,616 times
Yes, there is a butt kicking maching at the angus barn. It is sort of in the woods behind the parking lot. It hurts.

There are dinosaurs in Durham - some old concrete ones that have seen better days in the woods along a walking path just down the street from the durham musuem of life and science - and the musuem has a bunch of new ones in an outdoor dinosaur trail exhibit. I dont know about any at the ball park - never seen them there.

Old 01-25-2010, 06:59 PM

8,158 posts, read 10,879,964 times
I don't know if the New Bern butt kicking machine is still there, but it did indeed exist in the 60's and 70's. It always drew a crowd of folks coming and going to the beach. It was about 5 miles east of New Bern on Highway 70 after crossing the old Trent River Bridge. Good times! and no, I never got my butt kicked

Old 01-25-2010, 08:20 PM

1,561 posts, read 5,146,805 times
lmao...wtf?
this state is silly and awesome...

Old 01-26-2010, 06:53 AM

2,835 posts, read 7,325,138 times
This thread is just for kicks isn't it? Butt kicking machine in Raleigh! I did not know that. Can't wait to get back and check that out! Is it free? One can get their butt kicked for free? Well actually now that that I think of it all the times I got my butt kicked it was free. Scratch my last question please.

I too ate at the Angus Barn several years ago and took a group there and I think in about 3.5 years from now I will have the meal paid off. The food was fantastic though!

I did check out the social media repository of fine holdings called YouTube and was shocked that no one has yet posted the Raleigh mechanical butt kicking machine......there were plenty of butt kicking videos but none from Raleigh!

Thanks for the post I sure got a laugh out of it.......bet you were thinking I was was going to say I got a 'kick' out of it.......didn't you? :P
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary