U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-25-2010, 10:35 AM

494 posts, read 1,193,617 times

Advertisements

I've had two houses sell in my small sub,in the mid to high 3's in the last 3 months.Activity picking up?I hope, I have two properties I have to sell before I get back to AZ.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2010, 07:00 AM

2,812 posts, read 6,447,976 times
I suppose I can answer that two ways.

1. For the people that sold those two homes it picked up!
2. For the people that didn't sell there homes yet its still slow.

If a home is on the market it will sell.
If a home is not on the market there is a good chance it won't.

IMHO homes in Wake Forest will sell as well as any homes in the Raleigh area.

Good luck in the sale of your homes.

Old 01-26-2010, 07:22 AM

20,006 posts, read 15,175,904 times
Inventory is up and prices are down over the past couple of months according to housingtracker, although I don't know how that impacts WF. This is especially true among the more expensive homes, probably because of the minimal impact the tax credit against this tier.

HousingTracker.net | Median Home Asking Price & Inventory Data for Raleigh, North Carolina

Old 01-26-2010, 07:25 AM

11,791 posts, read 27,445,898 times
There are A LOT of sales going on in my office. Especially the ones that are priced below $400,000.

I had one in North Raleigh that sold in 6 days and another one close to Wake Forest that has been on the market for 7 days and we have an offer.

I think inventory will continue to rise as spring is coming.

Vicki

Old 01-26-2010, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiR View Post
There are A LOT of sales going on in my office. Especially the ones that are priced below $400,000.

I had one in North Raleigh that sold in 6 days and another one close to Wake Forest that has been on the market for 7 days and we have an offer.

I think inventory will continue to rise as spring is coming.

Vicki
Yeah,Thats exactly what I'm saying,I know the market still stinks,but there seems to be a flurry of activity all of a sudden.

Old 01-26-2010, 07:33 AM

11,791 posts, read 27,445,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by samdan View Post
Yeah,Thats exactly what I'm saying,I know the market still stinks,but there seems to be a flurry of activity all of a sudden.
Well, you know in order to get the tax credits, you must be under contract by April 30th and close by June 30th. That will keep those houses in that price range moving.

Vicki

Old 01-26-2010, 08:00 AM

4,529 posts, read 7,037,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiR View Post
Well, you know in order to get the tax credits, you must be under contract by April 30th and close by June 30th. That will keep those houses in that price range moving.

Vicki
I am not a real estate professional, nor am I in the market for a house right now, but do look every few weeks to see what's going on in the market. In January I've seen roughly 1,000 more homes listed on the site I use.

Before the 'crash" they typically had 17,000 listings for all areas including Raleigh and it looks like maybe NC wide(?). In recent months it went down to around 15,000, now it's up to 16,000+

It seems there are lots of homes in Wake Forest (and Cary) on the market considering the size of the towns...my un-scientific opinion.

Old 01-26-2010, 08:55 AM

247 posts, read 435,830 times
While I can't speak for WF specifically, I can say that we bought our home in Apex in December. We live in a subdivision that I read "can't give away homes" and there are 3 families living here with only 2 completed houses still for sale. The one next door to us just sold and is being finished for the buyer.....it all depends on perspective like a previous poster said.

Old 01-26-2010, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hgoodwin39 View Post
While I can't speak for WF specifically, I can say that we bought our home in Apex in December. We live in a subdivision that I read "can't give away homes" and there are 3 families living here with only 2 completed houses still for sale. The one next door to us just sold and is being finished for the buyer.....it all depends on perspective like a previous poster said.
Yup,I think there is a shot of activity as of late.The official numbers are always after the fact anyway.In Feb or March we will look back and say look at how many sold in jan.

Old 01-26-2010, 09:24 AM

247 posts, read 435,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by samdan View Post
Yup,I think there is a shot of activity as of late.The official numbers are always after the fact anyway.In Feb or March we will look back and say look at how many sold in jan.
Exactly. We rented here while our house in VA was on the market. We looked all over and narrowed it down to the house we bought. We looked at 3 houses in this neighborhood and were told by the realtor that people really want to buy these houses, they just can't sell theirs. Now, part of the reason we got a great deal on our house was the situation with the market but the other reason was, we had sold our house and wanted to close quickly. We closed on 12/31 and they got to count their sale for 2009 and they were happy not to carry the property into the New Year. You just don't know. There are people out there who have sold their homes and are looking to buy. They are just being conservative, like we were. We are very happy with our choice and I am sure you will find buyers for your property who will be happy with theirs. Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary