U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Unread 01-27-2010, 05:48 AM

580 posts, read 1,891,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovebrentwood View Post
I used to go to the American Way Thrift Shop on Crabtree Boulevard off Capital, but I haven't been there in a while.
They closed their store in Garner and were combining it with the one on Crabtree. Around Christmas, I went to the one on Crabtree and it was closed for remodeling (no date given for reopening). I'd suggest calling ahead, unless you just happen to be over that way--especially since an above poster also said that it was closed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovebrentwood View Post
Apparently, there is a "Cause for Paws" thrift shop on Crabtree Boulevard
I remember seeing it across the street from the American Way store. It wasn't open, but looked small... especially compared to their store on S. Saunders (when going to downtown Raleigh from Garner, it's on the left).

Less than a block closer toward Raleigh (on the left) there's another big thrift store. Can't remember it's name, but it's fairly new to the area. It took over the furniture outlet's building. Seems like it was mostly clothing and small items. I do remember that it was hard to tell what clothing was mens/womens/childrens and the pricing... it was all hanging on round racks, just not labeled.

There's also a nice Salvation Army in Garner. They have a lot of furniture and seem to really sell a lot.
Quick reply to this message

Unread 01-27-2010, 11:09 AM

109 posts, read 209,154 times
Chapel Hill has a PTA thrift shop and I also believe Chatham county has one too.

Unread 02-16-2010, 12:48 PM

1 posts, read 3,253 times
Durham Rescue Mission Bargain Center is located at 10701 Glenwood Ave. Raleigh, NC. It is new to this location, since June 2009. The hours are 8AM to 8PM M-F and 8AM - 7PM. The phone number is (919)598-7170.

Unread 02-23-2010, 01:36 PM

8 posts, read 1,707 times
You guys have been very helpful. Thanks!

I also want to add the Durham Rescue Mission's Thrift Stores to the list. Their stores are operated for a good cause (to help homeless men, women and children). They have 2 stores, 1 in Durham and the other in Raleigh. I was impressed by the high quality of merchandise and also the cleanliness and organization of the store. I highly recommend you check them out. They always seem to be having sales and they post some of their sales on craigslist. Anyway, without further ado.

Rescued Treasures Thrift Shoppe
3220 Apex Hwy, Durham, NC 27713
(919) 484-9014

Durham Rescue Mission Bargain Center
10701 Glenwood Ave, Raleigh, NC 27617
(919) 598-7170

Also check out their website: Rescued Treasures Thrift Shoppe - Durham Rescue Mission

Thanks for all the help folks.

Unread 02-23-2010, 02:03 PM

2,043 posts, read 3,370,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leef View Post
You guys have been very helpful. Thanks!

I also want to add the Durham Rescue Mission's Thrift Stores to the list. Their stores are operated for a good cause (to help homeless men, women and children). They have 2 stores, 1 in Durham and the other in Raleigh. I was impressed by the high quality of merchandise and also the cleanliness and organization of the store. I highly recommend you check them out. They always seem to be having sales and they post some of their sales on craigslist. Anyway, without further ado.

Rescued Treasures Thrift Shoppe
3220 Apex Hwy, Durham, NC 27713
(919) 484-9014

Durham Rescue Mission Bargain Center
10701 Glenwood Ave, Raleigh, NC 27617
(919) 598-7170

Also check out their website: Rescued Treasures Thrift Shoppe - Durham Rescue Mission

Thanks for all the help folks.

Frank

Unread 02-23-2010, 05:55 PM

76 posts, read 102,575 times
Default Thrift shopping

I really like the Goodwill in Hillsborough.....nice clothing. Not too much furniture though.

Unread 06-27-2010, 01:48 PM

580 posts, read 1,891,973 times
The American Way store on Crabtree is now empty. Didn't notice a sign saying that they'd moved.

The Cause for Paws store on Crabtree is actually huge! I visited for the first time this weekend. It was well organized and I found some great deals.

Another thrift store to add to this list is...
Garner Area Ministries' Thrift Store
Village Ct, Garner, North Carolina 27529
You can see the back of the building w/ their "Thrift Store" sign from 70 in Garner if you happen to be looking to that side at the right time, it's easy to get to from the Aversboro Rd. It's 2 good sized rooms plus a smaller one for furniture. They've seem to have a steady flow of customers and the staff has been very friendly when I've shopped.

Unread 06-27-2010, 02:53 PM

1,040 posts, read 2,128,701 times
Lightbulb Habitat ReStore

If you have not tried the Habitat For Humanity ReStore, it is worth the trip!

ReStore located in Durham, North Carolina

ReStore resale outlets -- Habitat for Humanity Int'l

5501 Durham-Chapel Hill Blvd. (next to Bob Evan's and Outback Steakhouse)
Durham, NC 27707

Unread 06-27-2010, 09:50 PM

1,161 posts, read 1,184,659 times
I love the Guardian Angel in Fuquay-Varina. I go there with my friends and we always find great things.

Unread 06-28-2010, 03:49 AM

2,135 posts, read 4,746,599 times
Love this place! Thrift Stores - Pass It On and Pass It On, Too : Services :Interact of Wake County, North Carolina

There are two new places near Goodwill in Cary:

Begin Again Children's Thrift

Cary Bargain Center & Consignment

Another thrift store near another Goodwill:

3094 Kildaire Farm Road in Cary (Suite 170), at the intersection of Ten-Ten and Kildaire Farm Road (Millpond Village), between Lowes Foods and Jersey Mike's.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary