U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 01-29-2010, 02:18 PM

445 posts, read 1,011,228 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamishra View Post
Ha! i was just thinking the same thing! After we get "hit" we'll have a whole new thread on how southerners can't drive in the snow, local officials did a horrible jobs preparing the roads, the streets didn't get plowed fast enough or at all, their power was out for too long, NC should have buried power lines, TWC customer service sucks, PSNC and Progress Energy rates are exorbitant, not enough stores are open, the sidewalks should have been salted, they shouldn't have canceled schools, not enough roads were blocked off for sledding, stores should have plowed their own parking lots, more shelters should have been opened and there aren't enough movies left at blockbuster!!

But then again those that are here can participate in all of the threads titled "Who remembers the snowstorm of Jan 10?" and we can all tell our over exaggerated stories about snow drifts 5 feet tall, power outages for 3 weeks, and gas lines and people were scrambling for snow shovels and sleds and bananas and potted meat!
This is hilarious, and OH so true!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2010, 02:20 PM

440 posts, read 804,961 times
I'm a little worried since my Husband has to work until around midnight, unless they decide to close work for him early. I'm also worried about electricity and and TWC staying up since I work at home and all weekend long. I'll drop an email to the bosses "just in case" I have a feeling all will be fine though.

On funny note, The toilet seat broke off in one of my bathrooms LOL So I am hoping maintenance will be able to come replace that before the end of the day.

Old 01-29-2010, 02:32 PM

1,545 posts, read 2,789,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsncharms View Post
On funny note, The toilet seat broke off in one of my bathrooms
thats gonna make for a crappy snowed-in weekend
(get it?)

Old 01-29-2010, 02:34 PM

4,898 posts, read 10,452,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GucciLittlePiggie View Post
on a side note, i'm now growing concerned that i might not have bought enough beer for the whole weekend.
If monks can survive through lent on just beer. . . .we can certainly survive the weekend

Old 01-29-2010, 02:35 PM

460 posts, read 843,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GucciLittlePiggie View Post
thats gonna make for a crappy snowed-in weekend
(get it?)

but with some modification...might make for a decent sled

Old 01-29-2010, 02:53 PM

276 posts, read 465,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorasMom View Post
Snow cream! Never had it, never heard of it! I'll have to wait for next year because I'm shopped out...but that sounds fabulous.
Try it with one of the exotic Coffee creamers and a bit a condensed milk - it tastes really yummy

Old 01-29-2010, 02:59 PM

19,715 posts, read 31,536,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamishra View Post
Ha! i was just thinking the same thing! After we get "hit" we'll have a whole new thread on how southerners can't drive in the snow, local officials did a horrible jobs preparing the roads, the streets didn't get plowed fast enough or at all, their power was out for too long, NC should have buried power lines, TWC customer service sucks, PSNC and Progress Energy rates are exorbitant, not enough stores are open, the sidewalks should have been salted, they shouldn't have canceled schools, not enough roads were blocked off for sledding, stores should have plowed their own parking lots, more shelters should have been opened and there aren't enough movies left at blockbuster!!

But then again those that are here can participate in all of the threads titled "Who remembers the snowstorm of Jan 10?" and we can all tell our over exaggerated stories about snow drifts 5 feet tall, power outages for 3 weeks, and gas lines and people were scrambling for snow shovels and sleds and bananas and potted meat!
Jeeze, that about covers it.

Old 01-29-2010, 03:01 PM

7,480 posts, read 14,769,775 times
Here y'all go: Snow Ice Cream II - All Recipes

Old 01-29-2010, 03:33 PM

3,645 posts, read 4,040,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nclass View Post
Try it with one of the exotic Coffee creamers and a bit a condensed milk - it tastes really yummy
You gave me an idea, how about Bailey's there will be some happy sledding!

Old 01-29-2010, 03:34 PM

440 posts, read 804,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveraleigh View Post
but with some modification...might make for a decent sled
Haha! Well as it turned out, the toilet seat was not completely broken, it just needed needed some new nuts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary