U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2010, 03:28 PM

11,791 posts, read 27,440,956 times

Advertisements

One of the Agents at my office gets her weather predictions from some guy who SHE says has predicted the last few snow storms we have had. HE is saying that we will either get LOTS of snow OR lots of ice. I'd rather have the snow. The ice causes power outages and what would we do without facebook or city data?!!

Vicki
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2010, 03:55 PM

1,186 posts, read 2,831,479 times
I'm with you, Vicki, I'll take snow here over ice anytime! The ice here is always so bad and knocks out the power just about everywhere. If you don't have a fireplace, or a gas one you're up a creek to stay warm, not to mention if you don't have a gas stove. I have none of the above!!

This afternoon there was a truck spreading salt brine already!!! on Hwy. 54 near Hwy 55. I cannot believe it! What a waste of taxpayer $$'s!

Old 01-27-2010, 04:55 PM

1,336 posts, read 2,695,382 times
It's going to be a huge snow! How do I know? My daughter is having her 10th birthday party on Saturday and I just sold my 4x4 yesterday.

(All jokes aside, the truck did not even run anymore, but knowing that my daughter was born here in the region exactly 10 years ago, you can imagine how much that thing saved the day! Another story for another thread, but it literrally saved the lives of my wife and daughter)

I hope we either get nothing, or we get snow. I don't think anyone is excited about the prospect of another ice storm. Snow would make for a good birthday though.

Old 01-27-2010, 04:58 PM

5,700 posts, read 8,296,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiR View Post
One of the Agents at my office gets her weather predictions from some guy who SHE says has predicted the last few snow storms we have had. HE is saying that we will either get LOTS of snow OR lots of ice. I'd rather have the snow. The ice causes power outages and what would we do without facebook or city data?!!

Vicki
Which reminds me - I only have scented candles. Bad enough to have a power outage, but extended mix of balsam fir/vanilla/clean laundry/winter garden/cinnamon all at once is really just too much to take.

Old 01-27-2010, 05:03 PM

93 posts, read 187,365 times
I have a bad feeling about this one. I just picked up some batteries for use in starting my fireplace should the power go out. I hope it works.

Old 01-27-2010, 05:21 PM

11,472 posts, read 25,695,605 times
I just came across this: Storm watch, Tornadoes, Thunderstorms, Weather News - weather.com

I think it's going to be a decent sized storm. Hopefully, it will be snow. Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow.

Old 01-27-2010, 05:28 PM

1,553 posts, read 3,874,045 times
ive decided i will stock up on beer and ride this out on my balcony in a tent and pretend i'm on some extreme survival reality show.

Old 01-27-2010, 05:54 PM

258 posts, read 576,393 times
I'm hoping for the snow

This upstate NY'er is ready to make some $$ pushing snow

Old 01-27-2010, 06:01 PM

6,185 posts, read 13,844,098 times
LOL. It'll most likely melt before you can make any money. The most I remember it snowing here was two feet about a decade ago, and no one cared about "pushing" it because no one could go anywhere anyway, so it just sat there until it melted, and that took about a week.

Not like good ol' upstate NY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68scout View Post
I'm hoping for the snow

This upstate NY'er is ready to make some $$ pushing snow

Old 01-27-2010, 06:28 PM

258 posts, read 576,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovebrentwood View Post
LOL. It'll most likely melt before you can make any money. The most I remember it snowing here was two feet about a decade ago, and no one cared about "pushing" it because no one could go anywhere anyway, so it just sat there until it melted, and that took about a week.

Not like good ol' upstate NY.

LOL you're probably right. I'm looking to go have fun more than make money

Last year the Scout Blade wasn't ready, so I plowed the whole neighborhood with my little homemade diesel tractor. It took 3 beers and 1 hour to do all the streets in our small subdivision.

We were the only subdivision to NOT have that nasty mixture of ruts in the road from the thaw/refreeze. Our roads were bone dry those couple days

Had a blast too

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary