Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2007, 02:06 PM

15 posts, read 48,572 times

Advertisements

I am looking to build a house with Biltmore Homes-anyone ever deal with them or have ANY info at ALL about them? Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2007, 02:09 PM

1,489 posts, read 5,692,353 times
Small production builder who seems to do a good job. What neighborhood are you looking in? I always say it's best to speak to the people living in that neighborhood, to get good info on the specific builder.

Old 09-24-2007, 04:25 PM

188 posts, read 1,144,143 times
We are looking to do the same! We'll most likely build at South Lakes (in Fuquay). Give us more info!

Old 09-24-2007, 06:38 PM

Smile Experience with Biltmore Homes

We have been looking to build with them at Old Fields (Graham, NC) since July. We fell in love with their houses but we are not sold on the location. Went back down last week to see Old Fields and they still have not sold anymore houses since July---RED FLAG!!! In total there are only 8 families living there at the moment. So, we are trying to figure out what to do. Also they are not offering any buyer incentives or upgrades-disappointing. We have seen their other locations in Wake Forest and Durham-Wake Forest: they have a few blocks in this HUGE subdivision and it is more expensive. Durham: not good location-VERY quiet...area didn't seem to offer anything and no ammenities. So that left Old Fields-which we think is going to be a GREAT subdivision once it is completed but there has been NO progress in last three months which is not a good sign. Clubhouse was supposed to be started last Jan and still nothing there, no street lights, no houses being sold, etc. Our other concern is the location in Graham-too far to Raleigh and DH needs to find a job (we would be starting over completely).

Where are you relocating from???
Tell me what you know about Fuquay-thanks

Old 09-24-2007, 06:40 PM

Old Fields in Graham-do you know anythign about it??? Please fill me in on any of the communities that they are building in-our options are very open at this point...

Old 09-24-2007, 06:58 PM

Default South Lakes in Fuquay

Biltmore is building homes currently at South Lakes in Fuquay-Varina. FV is a town 10 mins south of Holly Springs and 25 mins from downtown Raleigh. It is a quiet community with a decent amount of ammenities (it could use some more sit-down restaurants). It's a growing area and home values should rise over time fairly well. Preservation Homes are also building at South Lakes. They are having their grand opening this Saturday at noon. The community will have two pool locations, businesses, a school, nature trails, a big lake, and supposedly a church. The website isn't running yet but it will be ~Southlakes Fuquay Varina~ New Website Coming Soon.

We currently live in Fuquay, and are looking to possibly build another home here. We've lived in the area for over 4 years now.

Last edited by liliping; 09-24-2007 at 07:07 PM..

Old 09-24-2007, 07:21 PM

Thanks-unfortunately we are in NY so wont be able to go to the open house but I have contacted them today to send me some info. Have you been to Old Fields in Graham? Or Wake Forest to see Biltmore? Reason I am asking is bc I wanted to see if you can compare it to a community that we have already seen. Thanks.

Old 09-24-2007, 07:37 PM

We've been to see the Biltmore Homes in Wake Forest several times. They are extremely nice, although a little out of our budget. Biltmore has told us they can build us the same house from Wake Forest here in Fuquay for 40K less (under $400K!!)

Old 09-24-2007, 07:40 PM

Wow that is great...seems as tho the location is way better than out in Graham too. We are interested in the Holt what about you?? Yes Wake is out of our budget too and I also did not like how it seemed as tho the Heritage Community was taking over the town-was a bit much for me-and I am not from a small town...

Old 09-24-2007, 08:46 PM

709 posts, read 934,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by liliping View Post
Biltmore is building homes currently at South Lakes in Fuquay-Varina. FV is a town 10 mins south of Holly Springs and 25 mins from downtown Raleigh. It is a quiet community with a decent amount of ammenities (it could use some more sit-down restaurants). It's a growing area and home values should rise over time fairly well. Preservation Homes are also building at South Lakes. They are having their grand opening this Saturday at noon. The community will have two pool locations, businesses, a school, nature trails, a big lake, and supposedly a church. The website isn't running yet but it will be ~Southlakes Fuquay Varina~ New Website Coming Soon.

We currently live in Fuquay, and are looking to possibly build another home here. We've lived in the area for over 4 years now.

Oh south lakes, uh oh. Something like 1200 homes, they have about 15 being built right now. Slow is the word here. slow....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary