Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2010, 12:57 PM

476 posts, read 1,676,831 times

Advertisements

I am posting this in concern for a close friend who has very recently been widowed and is looking for bereavement counseling for her 3 young children.

Does anyone have a personal recommendation for a pyschologist to help children (or adults) in coping with death?

The hospital has given them the stock referral of names but if anyone knows a good doctor, then a referral (DM is ok) is greatly appreciated!

Thanks so much!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2010, 03:42 PM

117 posts, read 263,746 times
i sent you a PM about a bereavement counselor that helped tremendously when I lost both parents.

Old 01-22-2010, 06:13 PM

574 posts, read 1,209,064 times
I'd contact Lucy Daniel's. Home - Lucy Daniels

Old 01-23-2010, 08:12 AM

4,532 posts, read 8,870,575 times
Duke Hospice Bereavement Care has wonderful counselor's for children.

Duke Community Bereavement Services - Duke HomeCare & Hospice ::

Old 01-28-2010, 03:28 PM

1 posts, read 2,380 times
A friend just lost both parents & I would be very interested in obtaining a referal and if Ferro28 would supply that would be grateful. I know there are various departments within hospice at the hospital that do supply some type of counseling - however, the memories there my not be the best for this situation.
I appreciate opinions or referals for the Releigh area.
Thank you

Old 01-28-2010, 10:47 PM

170 posts, read 774,300 times
While I know the OP asked for a personal recommendation, I just wanted to share with you that funeral homes are morally obligated to recommend a good grief counselor after they have made the final arrangements for a deceased family member. If all else fails, tap into the "after care" that the funeral home has to offer. Its usually included in the price of the funeral.

Just a suggestion.

Old 01-29-2010, 03:17 AM

117 posts, read 263,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by interested101 View Post
A friend just lost both parents & I would be very interested in obtaining a referal and if Ferro28 would supply that would be grateful. I know there are various departments within hospice at the hospital that do supply some type of counseling - however, the memories there my not be the best for this situation.
I appreciate opinions or referals for the Releigh area.
Thank you

The name of the counselor I went to is Steven Bradley- Bull. I think his # is 919-286-5770. If this is incorrect, PM me.

He used to work for Duke Hospice, but now is on his own. He truly saved my life when I lost my parents within six weeks of each other - just months after I almost died. I could not recommend anyone else more highly than him.

My best wishes to your friend, and to you for helping.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary