U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-30-2010, 08:47 AM

81 posts, read 186,007 times

Advertisements

I know most Realtors work with individuals in a short time frame. But I am looking for a Realtor to work with over 2-2.5 years.

In about 2-2.5 years we want to downsize from our current home near Falls Lake/Wake Forest. Based on our jobs, we want to live within 5 miles of the Wakefield area, or Chapel Hill.

I would like to find a Realtor who would help advise on what we should do to our current home (improvements, etc), and then help us decide on our new location. Most likely the new location is where we will retire, thus we want to be sure we make the right decision.

Anyone know of Realtors that would be willing to help us in that manner, and of course we would list our current home with them, and they would also help in closing a new home.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2010, 04:12 PM

9,198 posts, read 21,200,139 times
Wakefield and Chapel Hill are worlds apart- don't expect to find a single realtor who can competently help you with both (and distrust any who claim they can).

Old 01-31-2010, 09:17 AM

1,752 posts, read 3,155,981 times
I agree...I would break this task down and work on the sale of your current home first. I would think you could find some realtors to come in and give you a market analysis + some advice.

Then you could research the new location separately. Once you narrow down your options find a realtor in that neighborhood.

I had a realtor who was working outside her normal area and it was NOT good. I knew more about Cary neighborhoods than she did and ended up doing the navigating.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary