Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2010, 07:47 PM

79 posts, read 142,522 times

Advertisements

Hi all,

I just landed a job in N. Raleigh (Creedmoor Rd., just south of 540), and I'm THRILLED to be moving to the area from too cold CT!

I'm looking for an affordable 6-month lease for a decent, safe 1-BR apartment while I get settled in. My wife and 3 kids (5, 3, 1) will be joining me in a few weeks/months (depending on house-selling, school, degree of missing daddy!), and ideally we'd be in a complex where we could slide from my 1-BR to a 2-3 BR.

I've done a lot of digging around on this forum (really enjoyed the Newcomer's Survival Guide... was wearing my "toboggan" tonight while outside grilling dinner!) and elsewhere, and think I've come up with a decent option. Tough to tell online with spammers upon spammers loading up fake reviews of apartments, though.

The Apartments of Stonehenge are a mile away from my new office, and have a 1-BR at $599 for 6 months. Can anyone give me feedback on Stonehenge, or have any other suggestions for good short-term apts, ideally for under $700 or so?

Many thanks, and look forward to being in Raleigh soon!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2010, 07:52 PM

9,848 posts, read 30,204,634 times
I would look at the many apartment complexes dotted around lake lynn. They are just off Creedmoor road close to the area you are talking about. It is a nice area IMO. Here is one to get you started.

The Regatta at Lake Lynn (http://www.regatta-apts.com/RegattaatLakeLynnNC/Index.aspx - broken link)

Old 02-03-2010, 10:05 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,150,897 times
The Stonehenge Apts. are in a very nice area...about 1 mile from my office!

That is the heart of North Raleigh and only about 5 minutes from Crabtree Valley Mall. Plenty of shopping, plenty of restaurants in this area.

The area that NRG has mentioned is also a very nice North Raleigh location.

Vicki

Old 02-03-2010, 10:29 PM

8,583 posts, read 15,958,133 times
Check out these.

http://www.mayfaireapts.com/index.asp (broken link)

They are newer than the Apartments at Stonehenge but may be slightly more
expensive.

That whole neighborhood is nice (Sawmill Rd, Leadmine Rd, Bridgeport )

You could cut through on Sawmill or Bridgeport to Creedmoor Rd in 3 minutes.

Leadmine Elementary School is very close down Old Lead Mine Rd.
An excellent school .

Old 02-04-2010, 05:06 AM

1,495 posts, read 3,711,832 times
We lived at Windemere off of Town and Country which would be in the area you are moving to....
Very safe . . great office staff...absolutely no complaints.

Old 02-04-2010, 10:28 AM

229 posts, read 701,437 times
We're moving to the triangle in exactly 11 days ourselves, and also signed a 6 month lease. In our case we chose Weston Lakeside in Cary, which seemed to be one of the nicer places that we visited in person. I hope we made a wise choice.

Old 02-04-2010, 10:56 AM

174 posts, read 406,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WoooHooo! View Post
I just landed a job in N. Raleigh (Creedmoor Rd., just south of 540), and I'm THRILLED to be moving to the area from too cold CT...
Welcome to the area; many of us are interested in what brings people here, would you mind telling us what type of business/work you are in? (no specifics of course), thanks...

Old 02-04-2010, 11:13 AM

406 posts, read 786,135 times
Congratulations on the job! Stonehenge is a a good area.

Old 02-04-2010, 11:16 AM

229 posts, read 701,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotsomedata View Post
Welcome to the area; many of us are interested in what brings people here, would you mind telling us what type of business/work you are in? (no specifics of course), thanks...
Not to hijack the thread from the original poster, but I figured I'd add my two cents to this question. I'm coming to the area as an employee of Cisco Systems (marketing and product management roles), and my wife is interested in pursuing a career in Veterinary Medicine through the NCSU program. Cisco didn't relocate me to RTP per se, rather I decided to relocate to escape California, and Cisco happened to be OK with that decision.

Old 02-04-2010, 11:28 AM

12,475 posts, read 32,150,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyz80 View Post
We're moving to the triangle in exactly 11 days ourselves, and also signed a 6 month lease. In our case we chose Weston Lakeside in Cary, which seemed to be one of the nicer places that we visited in person. I hope we made a wise choice.
I had clients that stayed there for a few months and loved it.

When they lived there, it was a couple of years ago and their apt. was brand new. They also overlooked the lake. Beautiful view.

Vicki
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary