Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2010, 06:55 PM

542 posts, read 1,524,135 times

Advertisements

Does anyone else find the name of this place extremely annoying or is it just me?

Mike
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2010, 09:11 PM

1,246 posts, read 4,187,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeNC29 View Post
Does anyone else find the name of this place extremely annoying or is it just me?

Mike

Oh, it's beyond annoying and their name is exactly what we'd like to do with the place.

Old 02-19-2010, 06:56 PM

1 posts, read 5,879 times
My family and I went to the one in Cary and was told by a customer not to get the cesear salad because they found a dead bug in it.Then my wife bit into her pizza and spit it out.HAIR in the pizza.I took the waitress aside and informed her of what we found and went and told the big dude in the back and the other waitress and they did'nt do a thing aboutit.They stared at us like we put hair in their pizza.I will Fuggedaboutit and not tell anyone togo there.

Old 02-19-2010, 10:33 PM

133 posts, read 393,361 times
Default Ugh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frrrunkis! View Post
I love Fuhgeddaboudit...I'd compare it to pizza from the Jersey shore...Seaside Heights or Pt Pleasant. Great pie!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonymaiarich View Post
My family and I went to the one in Cary and was told by a customer not to get the cesear salad because they found a dead bug in it.Then my wife bit into her pizza and spit it out.HAIR in the pizza.I took the waitress aside and informed her of what we found and went and told the big dude in the back and the other waitress and they did'nt do a thing aboutit.They stared at us like we put hair in their pizza.I will Fuggedaboutit and not tell anyone togo there.
Oh that is soooo disgusting.

Old 02-20-2010, 06:41 AM

1,886 posts, read 4,813,458 times
I ate there last night and didn't get hair OR a bug.

Old 02-20-2010, 06:45 AM

542 posts, read 1,524,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funky Chicken View Post
I ate there last night and didn't get hair OR a bug.
But you did have to put up with a horrible name your entire visit. I'll forget about ever going there.

Mike

Old 02-20-2010, 07:06 AM

3,050 posts, read 4,991,412 times
Quote:
But you did have to put up with a horrible name your entire visit. I'll forget about ever going there.

Mike

Ah, well you'll be missing out then. I had to hold my nose at the name too, the first time I went in there. But it was worth it!

Old 02-20-2010, 10:21 PM

3,669 posts, read 6,571,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frrrunkis! View Post
I love Fuhgeddaboudit...I'd compare it to pizza from the Jersey shore...Seaside Heights or Pt Pleasant. Great pie!
Not sure that the Jersey Shore is considered the standard bearer for pizza, at least not in the New York region.

Quote:

Mike
It's a distinctive name meant to convey a commonly used New Yawk euphemism, I thought it did its job.

Unfortunately I'd have to agree with the assessment that the name is also a self-fulfilling prophecy of sorts. We had dinner there one night back in the Fall and it took them, no joke, forty-five minutes to get our large cheese pie and single specialty slice onto our table (and they'd forgotten the specialty slice as well). The pizza was nothing remarkable, good enough but not great and clearly not enough to offset unforgivable service.

And even if it was just an isolated "bad night" it doesn't really matter as there are plenty of decent places to get my pizza fix.

Old 02-21-2010, 09:26 AM

12,475 posts, read 32,230,653 times
Quote:

Mike
I thought it was funny!

Vicki

Old 02-21-2010, 12:11 PM

1,467 posts, read 5,127,858 times
Quote:

Mike
I can't stand it. Gives me flashbacks of marketing class and "what not to do" when naming your establishment....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary