Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2007, 01:21 PM

19 posts, read 56,311 times

Advertisements

I have a very general but very important question about churches. If I was looking for a church that is Christian contemporary, meaningful worship, casual, faith-oriented, high priority for building relationships, active 55+ group, and has services on Saturday eve's, what would you recommend?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2007, 04:12 PM

445 posts, read 1,859,195 times
I'm assuming you are not Catholic - even so you may want to check out St. Francis of Assisi Catholic Church in North Raleigh off Leesville Road. Big Church, very active, very friendly.

Old 05-29-2007, 05:48 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,691,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhg51152 View Post
I have a very general but very important question about churches. If I was looking for a church that is Christian contemporary, meaningful worship, casual, faith-oriented, high priority for building relationships, active 55+ group, and has services on Saturday eve's, what would you recommend?
Don't know where you are located - There are a lot of good churches in the area, but I don't know any that have services on Saturday evenings. They have prayer meetings and Bible studies during the week, but services are on Sunday. Some have two or three. I've started going to a small church nearby - they are getting ready to build on 15 acres they bought at the intersection of 96 and 401. They have a lot of the other things you are looking for. From what I've observed, it seems to be a very loving, caring group of believers. It's called New Life, and it's located right on 401 between 96 and Rolesville. Services at 9AM and 11AM, with Sunday School inbetween at 10AM. It's casual, contemporary, warm and friendly, plenty of 55+ folks. I fit right in.

What town/city are you in?

Last edited by swbtoo; 05-29-2007 at 05:50 PM.. Reason: add a line

Old 05-29-2007, 06:13 PM

19 posts, read 56,311 times
I am still in Ohio but will be visiting in a couple of weeks and wanted to check out at least one church. The reason I asked about Sat. eve services is that I can't always make Sunday morning ones. I'm thinking that the style of church I'd be interested in would be either non-denominational, charismatic, a Vineyard church, Faith church or similar.

Old 05-29-2007, 06:20 PM

3,124 posts, read 12,667,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
Don't know where you are located - There are a lot of good churches in the area, but I don't know any that have services on Saturday evenings. They have prayer meetings and Bible studies during the week, but services are on Sunday. Some have two or three. I've started going to a small church nearby - they are getting ready to build on 15 acres they bought at the intersection of 96 and 401. They have a lot of the other things you are looking for. From what I've observed, it seems to be a very loving, caring group of believers. It's called New Life, and it's located right on 401 between 96 and Rolesville. Services at 9AM and 11AM, with Sunday School inbetween at 10AM. It's casual, contemporary, warm and friendly, plenty of 55+ folks. I fit right in.

What town/city are you in?
Catholic churches almost always have a Saturday Night Mass. It's harder to find one that doesn't.

Old 05-30-2007, 05:58 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,691,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhg51152 View Post
I am still in Ohio but will be visiting in a couple of weeks and wanted to check out at least one church. The reason I asked about Sat. eve services is that I can't always make Sunday morning ones. I'm thinking that the style of church I'd be interested in would be either non-denominational, charismatic, a Vineyard church, Faith church or similar.
The church I mentioned is non-denominational. No prejudices. All denominatiosn welcome

I don't get there every Sunday either, but I take it in when I can. We still want to look around at others in the area as well.

Old 06-17-2007, 07:17 AM

1 posts, read 5,822 times
Default Saturday night services

Hi,
You should come check out our church. We have Saturday night services at 6 pm. We are not charismatic, but we have great high energy music. Give us a try. Hope Creek Chruch in durham. Check out our site @ hopecreek.org
Good luck on your search,
Kathy

Old 06-17-2007, 07:36 AM

12,626 posts, read 32,057,839 times
Any non-denominational churches that are contemporary around HS, FV, or Apex? Something with upbeat music, maybe a band.

Old 01-15-2008, 09:50 AM

1 posts, read 5,548 times
Default I know of 2 in North Raleigh now

Grace Community Church which has a 5:30 pm Saturday service you can check out their website at [url=http://www.gracecommchurch.com]Welcome to Grace Community Church[/url]

And Journey Church which has a 5:00 pm Saturday service and you can check out their website at
[url=http://www.takeajourney.org]Journey Church - Raleigh, North Carolina - Home[/url]

they also have a website [url=http://www.anewyou08.com]We're campaigning for a new you in 2008![/url] for a series they are currently doing.

They will likely add a second service on Saturday in the next month or so they are growing so fast.

Both of these churches are within a half mile of each other. They both have bands. Good luck in your search!

Old 01-15-2008, 09:10 PM

29 posts, read 145,310 times
Smile Any Churches with Family Integration in Raleigh?

We are looking to visit Raleigh this coming May. During our visit we would like to possibly attend a church service. We are looking for a church that has family integration, where the whole family sits together during the worship service (i.e. kids don't go off to children's church). We typically attend at churches that are more traditional less charismatic, but some contemporary music is ok as well. Any information you have would be much appreciated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary