Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2007, 05:59 AM

3,457 posts, read 4,651,747 times

Advertisements

I priced out my tires at Tires.com and had a place that said they would match prices beat the advetised price. I got a great set of Yokohama Geolanders for my Pathfinder. Highly recommend these tires. Looked almost new after 20K miles. Tire Rack gave them an excellent rating too and they were priced excellent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2007, 08:50 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,687,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linus View Post
Discount Tire is the ONLY place to go. Whatever you do don't go to Wal-Mart and the like. Tire makers produce cheap products for sale at these outlets.
You know, my observations for a long time now lead me to believe that WM sells "seconds", or items produced just for them. Sometimes it's OK, as it doesn't matter, but it can make a huge difference in something like tires.
It becomes a safety issue. Thanks for pointing that out.

Old 05-30-2007, 09:25 AM

997 posts, read 4,643,523 times
I echo the same. We've used Discount Tire at High House and 55. Great service and curteous as well.

Old 05-30-2007, 09:28 AM

3,305 posts, read 8,555,882 times
The Tire Rack - Your performance experts for tires and wheels

buy them on there and have them shipped to a place that'll put them on such as Merchants, etc. This is what I did and I saved a considerable amount of money. I got great sporty tires for my wife's Mazda 3 for much cheaper then the "passenger" tires were being sold for at BJ's.

Old 08-05-2007, 10:58 AM

1 posts, read 4,088 times
Default Great Service and Honest, Discount Tires on Six Forks Road!

I had to put in my two cents here. Just had a tire blow-out (caught a screw in my front right tire) and drove out to Discount Tire on Six Forks Road (Raleigh). First time I had been in the store and they offered to repair it or replace. Of course, I chuckled and thought to myself, they're going to have to replace it. So I sat in the lounge for about 90 minutes and lo and behold. They had patched and mounted by tire. And for no charge....

I was shocked, I'm guessing it's just their business policy to do so but the garage was quite busy and they really could have just ignored my situation. In thanks, I am trying to let others know of my experience, it's the least I can do for the store. They seem to not only have some of the lowest prices but great customer service. A thousand thanks to Discount Tire, I know where I'll go to for my next set of rubber.

Ron

Old 08-05-2007, 03:14 PM

164 posts, read 690,269 times
Performance Parts R Us is a site to look at if you need parts and etc..

Old 08-05-2007, 03:44 PM

56 posts, read 414,304 times
NTB at Crossroads in Cary. These guys are great to deal with and will do there best to help save you money if they know you are on a budget. I once had to get a tire on one of my cars real bad. I didn't have the funds for a $50new tire so I brought in a bunch of tires I found in an old barn. The dude must have mounted at-least 3 different tires on that one rim before he found one that didn't leak and looked safe. He only charged me $10 to do this. They are the best in the area to deal with IMO.

Old 08-05-2007, 06:06 PM

9,680 posts, read 27,153,963 times
BJ's did me a good deal and they include road hazard free.

Merchants is very poor for service and misbalanced twice.

Old 08-05-2007, 06:40 PM

15,216 posts, read 30,545,629 times
There is a good place on New Bern Avenue (Raleigh, about halfway in between downtown and WakeMed) where I had driven in with a flat all the way from out of a pothole on Sunnybrook Road. It was called something generic like "Tire Stop". Didn't look like a chain like Discount.

Discount has a great reputation in Texas where it has been around for decades - only complaints I've ever heard were in NC. Maybe their stores aren't run as well.

Do not get your oil changed at "Just Tires." The name says it all. Do not let them touch anything under the hood. I do not understand how you break a dipstick.

Old 08-26-2007, 10:30 AM

5,500 posts, read 10,517,156 times
Just ordered tires off tire rack and having them sent to Westgate Imports by 70 and 540. Saved 70 bucks already compared to Discount tire price with shipping factored in. Should cost me 60 to get them on which is a bit less than Discount also. Hopefully it goes well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary