Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2010, 05:41 AM

4,596 posts, read 11,448,185 times

Advertisements

Sure brings to mind my grandmother's and mother's admonition that pets were animals, and animals needed to stay outdoors. Of course, I don't ascribe to that, and have had to deal with my own pet issues, like many of you.

Cat urine is by far the worst, and you really must catch it early. Even then, if you put your own nose, in the spot, you'll detect traces of the scent, so it's little wonder a cat returns to the same spot. Like others have suggested, I would make sure the cat's health is OK -- some cats develop UTI quite easily from eating the wrong food and not drinking enough water (but you know your cat better than what any of us do, for sure). I also agree with locating a professional as anything you do, will be largely 'diluting' the scent, not necessarily eradicating it.

My elderly dog has gotten so senile, it seems, until half of the time he hardly knows where he is, or what exactly he is doing, and I have one carpet in particular that I have had to clean repeatedly. It is too valuable of a rug to just get rid of. We had the best luck with a dry cleaning method a pro did, and on nice, warm, sunny days, I still carry the carpet outdoors to air-out. For us people, the scent is no longer there, but every dog that comes into the house smells 'something.'

And, my apologies to my mom, bless-her-heart, but I just cannot relegate the dog(s) to the garage or the backyard. These are my babies, you know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2010, 10:30 PM

2,017 posts, read 5,637,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post
For some strange reason one of my two cats peed a gallon in my $1,000 Laze Boy recliner. I have sprayed everything I can think of on it but it still smells. Does anybody know of a professional cleaner near Chapel Hill who might be able to remove this horrible smell?
You need to order this stuff

1-2-3 Odor Free

You can find it on the web at justrite dot com.

Anyhoo--- basically you need something that will eat the urine, kill the odor, and kill the left over products from the urine.

I had a cat who was very ill and peed all over my house. This stuff worked miracles and you will NOT be able to smell urine nor will the cats. You have to call to order and the man was a professional carpet cleaner for years specializing in odors, stains, etc. He will walk you through and offers a full money back guarantee. I have introduced several friends to it and they have also been just as successful.

I had tried Natures Miracle (didnt work not enough bacteria and enzymes in it. all it left was a gross sweet smell mixed with urine), Anti Icky Poo, and countless other products. I purchased steam cleaners, etc.

Now, I just buy tons of the odor free products-- and use them on any kind of organic carpet or upholstery spills.

Good luck-- cat pee is horrific to clean up!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary