Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-19-2010, 09:28 AM

2,006 posts, read 3,583,555 times

Advertisements

So I am getting robo calls from WCPS, I tried call one of the schools and they insist they don't do this. Does anyone know how to stop them? I get 3 to 4 robo calls a week.

Holly Ridge, Holly Grove and Balken Elementary are the usual offenders.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2010, 03:28 PM

450 posts, read 1,350,626 times
Do you have kids in any of those schools? If not, the school should be able to do the research and take your phone number off the list - you may have the phone number of a former student, or your number may be close to the number of a student and it was entered wrong. For some reason, I thought the lists were created at the school level, but they may be compiled at the county level and then distributed to the schools, in which case you'd need to call someone in the WCPSS administration - I don't know who.

I find the robocalls invaluable as a parent and appreciate that means of communication, but they would be annoying to get from multiple schools if you don't have kids in those schools.

Old 02-19-2010, 05:16 PM

4,532 posts, read 8,869,784 times
For the past 2 yrs I have been getting a call from Archer Lodge MS in Clayton, on my work cell. I have no connection to this school in any way.

I tried numerous times at the school level to resolve it. I was told the school manages it's own lists. Each time I spoke with them they were pleasant, apologetic and said they'd fix it. It never was fixed. Now someone else has that phone, I'm sure the calls continue.

Good luck! I would say call the superintendent but.....

Perhaps you could talk with a principal from one school and ask them to help you fix it for all the schools??

Old 02-19-2010, 07:25 PM

306 posts, read 719,778 times
If you are receiving the call through School Messenger, each school can go in and edit phone numbers. Some probably aren't aware they can even do that because the lists are created electronically, but they can go into the system and search for your phone number and delete it.

Old 02-19-2010, 07:37 PM

4,304 posts, read 5,988,329 times
We get automated calls from Reedy Creek Elementary: announcements and occasional ones about our son being absent from school without an excuse or call-in. Of course, our son is only 20 months old, so it's no wonder he's absent!

The calls always come after hours, and the one time we tried to call back to ask to be removed, we just got the school's voice mail. We left a message asking to be removed, but it didn't help. We always forget to call back the next morning when school's open, and it doesn't happen often enough (just a couple times a month) to really be annoying enough to motivate us to chase it down.

Old 02-20-2010, 08:45 AM

306 posts, read 719,778 times
Each school determines when their messages get sent. Some send it in the evening to stop the parents from automatically calling back to the school without listening to the message. If the call goes out after hours, the parents know it's not about their child being sick or hurt at school and can listen to the phone call for the information.

Old 02-20-2010, 10:25 AM

9,680 posts, read 27,161,997 times
Call the board HQ. Their IT staff should be able to purge you from the database.

If no help, contact your phone provider and report the calls as annoyance calls. AT&T has an annoyance call bureau.

You may also be able to block the calls if you have the source phone number.

Old 02-20-2010, 10:29 AM

425 posts, read 1,257,084 times
I handle the School Messenger system at my school, as I am the Data Manager. Just call the offending school and ask to speak to their Data Manager as the number can easily be removed. If they don't know how to do it, ask them to call the, "Help Desk", to find out. Just an FYI - The message is generated every afternoon to reflect the attendance that has been put into the system earlier that day by each campus. It's considered a courtesy call to parents. My principal also uses the system once a week to communicate what is going on around our campus. Good luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary