Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2007, 06:23 PM

133 posts, read 710,816 times

Advertisements

Yeah...one comment is probably not worth much.

Although you may want to consider staging the home to make it look more attractive, colorful, etc. and bring out all the nice features. Your idea about the window treatments sounds pretty good. Just be sure you're clear about what's included with the house. You may have a buyer that falls in love w/ certain furniture, treatments, or whatever and expects it to be part of the sale.
But then again, if you're really desperate to sell, I would just concede...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2007, 06:42 PM

1,611 posts, read 4,846,254 times
Put a vase of flowers- REAL flowers... right in the foyer... I think it really helped sell our house. You can get a bouquet at the supermarket- change it every few days.

Old 05-31-2007, 06:58 PM

53 posts, read 162,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC2RDU View Post
I don't care how soft a market is, in the end it's all about price. I've sold two houses to date and in both cases I settled for less then what I'd hoped for because my Realtor forced me to accept the market reality. Nicer houses then mine one block over still sit unsold because they're too high.
I got full asking price of my home,and was quite happy happy with my return.

Old 05-31-2007, 09:24 PM

93 posts, read 698,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Svenskagirl2 View Post
I got full asking price of my home,and was quite happy happy with my return.
Must be nice!

The first offer we got was 20K below our asking price!
We were not too happy about that.

We managed to get within 8K of our asking price after 3 days of negotiation.

Old 06-01-2007, 01:26 AM

53 posts, read 162,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro View Post
Must be nice!

The first offer we got was 20K below our asking price!
We were not too happy about that.

We managed to get within 8K of our asking price after 3 days of negotiation.
I am sorry jethro, maybe we were just lucky. ( I want to think it was my clean, fresh smelling house)

Old 06-01-2007, 05:08 AM

189 posts, read 796,994 times
We have had about 10 showings and got that feedback from 2. Like I said everything was freshly painted and carpeted, new master bath. 4 br colonial, flr, fdr, kitchen, breakfast area, fireplace, 2 1/2 baths, full finished basement, 1 acre of tree'd property in beautiful subdivision. Our competition is newer homes on 1/4 to 1/3 of an acre same school district. One of the houses we looked at last weekend was sold and the other has a contingent offer, but if we go into contract first it's ours.

Old 06-01-2007, 05:47 AM

139 posts, read 545,629 times
We renovated a house for our retirement here in Georgia. Now we are relocating to NC. Anyway, it's been on the market about 6 mos, everyone says "it's beautiful" and that they are going to "talk to the bank" then nothing! We did FSBO & now an agent. EVERYTHING has been redone on it. We have [i]color[i] on the walls which everyone says they love. It was 2 BR (one was 12 X 23) that after a few months on the market we had it remodeled into 3BR. A lot of people said they wanted more than the acre we have so I talked to the adjoining property owner to see if they would sell if someone wanted more land. The answer was yes, and they did sell - to someone who came to look at our house. He bought their 11 acres & built a house! There are only a couple of houses on the market in our $ range and they are no where near as good a condition. We did have a contract on it but it fell though because the buyer didn't have the d/p they were suppose to have. It was appraised & home inspected. It was up for sale at the appraised value & now we dropped it to $6000 less! As for location, we are in the country, 12 miles from Walmart, groceries, etc & in what everyone says is the best elementary school district in the county! If one more local person tells me "Oh, you won't have any problem selling that house" UGH!
If you have brown walls someone will want white. If you have 1 acre someone will want 10. If you have new laminate floors someone will want real wood. We have decided that the best anyone can do is make sure it's clean, clutter & trash free & in good repair. What is helping us is trying to remember that it only takes one 'qualified' BUYER (as opposed to a dozen lookers) and we will be on our way!

Old 06-01-2007, 07:46 AM

1,611 posts, read 4,846,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karoga View Post
...everyone says "it's beautiful" and that they are going to "talk to the bank" then nothing! ... What is helping us is trying to remember that it only takes one 'qualified' BUYER (as opposed to a dozen lookers) and we will be on our way!

Last year, we "did everything right"
Everyone who saw the house "loved it"
But, we had 2 offers- 1 lowball, 1 in the ballpark... we accepted it
So, we sold... it only takes one good one!

Old 06-01-2007, 10:20 AM

189 posts, read 796,994 times
That's what my husband keeps telling me. We fell in love with this house the first time we saw it, even with the other people's awful taste. We made it our own and have been very happy. Someone will also fall in love with it and make it there own, just waiting for when. I will keep the faith...

Old 06-01-2007, 10:32 AM

991 posts, read 4,617,303 times
You know what makes me crazy is the buyers, my friend does real estate and she says a lot of the new buyers don't even want to paint the wall if it is a color they do not like. I mean barring some crazy decor I do not understand this. I mean even when you rent you like to paint right? Whatever
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary