Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2007, 07:32 PM

174 posts, read 195,706 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanna Leave Penciltucky View Post
I served a dark faux wine punch. Sparkling alcohol free wine, some fruit punch and pellegrino all mixed together with maybe 1/2 cup of peach nectar and fruit slices in the menu I called it Tuscan Vineyard Punch.
No way! Get 'em tipsy and then pull out the contracts! The standard for inebreation is so high that they'll never defeat the contract in court.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2007, 03:59 AM

133 posts, read 710,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanna Leave Penciltucky View Post
What I was trying to showcase was my custom kitchen but I feel the place where you do the serving will be the showcase room. Dining room, kitchen, even your deck since its nice out and if you got a good one showcase it....It is the best advertising money you can spend is to showcase your homes to the brokers, they meet and talk and email each other constantly.
If your realtor is not creative offer to assist. Make up a nice themed invite in an email and send it to the realtor with your menu.
VERY creative. I really like the fact that you showcased the "best" part of your home. Maybe you should go into real estate. Or at least offer your services for staging/advertising a home.
I guess w/ the market slowing down the way it is, some folks really gotta come up w/ all kinds of ideas to get their homes noticed and sold...FAST.

Old 06-07-2007, 01:15 AM

460 posts, read 2,419,303 times
Thank you hi2nc. I stopped by a fellow neighbor's open 2 days ago and when I walked in all the brokers said hey your the one with "the kitchen" and the great food. They know my house. It was worth it!

Old 06-08-2007, 09:32 AM

189 posts, read 796,260 times
Any recommendations in speaking with realtor about getting people in for showings? We had one showing last week, but haven't had any in the past 2 weekends and none lined up for this weekend.

Old 06-08-2007, 12:22 PM

1,246 posts, read 4,380,415 times
Pad,

Is there any chance you could change realtors?

We put our house on the market last weekend. Had many private showings on Sunday and quite a few this week and we have two offers. We went with an aggressive realtor who has obviously managed to get the word out that our house is on the market.

Jackie

Old 06-08-2007, 02:04 PM

Jackie,

what state do you live in?

Old 06-08-2007, 02:38 PM

I'm in Central Massachusetts.

Jackie

Old 06-08-2007, 03:53 PM

We live on Long Island. My realtor doesn't give any explanations and just says to "be patient". How can I be patient when I have done everything?
The house was priced right according to 4 different realtors that came in before we decided to sign. I am so frustrated at this point!

Old 06-08-2007, 04:27 PM

Pad3,

I don't blame you for being impatient. I guess even though it's "priced right" it might not hurt to decrease the price a little bit. That might start up some renewed interest.

We didn't do any of the things people advise you to do: music, candles, food. I personally found music annoying when we were looking at houses in NC with music on and I am afraid to leave candles burning as it could be a fire hazard. And with so many allergies these days I didn't even want to do food even though I am a pretty good baker. Hubby wanted us to leave lemonade and cookies on the screen porch to make it look more inviting but I decided not to as the weather's so hot the lemonade would go off.

One of these days someone is going to walk into your house and fall in love with your house. That person just hasn't seen your house yet but they will eventually.

Last edited by Jdatlas; 06-08-2007 at 04:28 PM.. Reason: Typo

Old 06-08-2007, 06:51 PM

1,611 posts, read 4,840,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdatlas View Post
Pad3,

I don't blame you for being impatient. I guess even though it's "priced right" it might not hurt to decrease the price a little bit. That might start up some renewed interest.
Yes, it could start people "bidding it up"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary