U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Unread 06-01-2007, 02:44 PM

1,264 posts, read 1,547,156 times
welcome... :-) I had moved from a townhouse to the neighborhood I"m in now, similar to this one for you. and I can't tell you how much better it is for the kids. The streets looked pretty calm there (in south hills), and the houses looked kept up nice. And the best thing is where that house is it's quite tucked in as far as the streets go, so you won't have to worry about too much traffic. feel free to pm me if you need anything else or have any more questions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Unread 06-04-2007, 02:12 PM

1 posts, read 1,130 times
Default It's a great area!!!

Hi, I live up the road, on the other side of 42 off Cornwallis. My parents live just up the raod from South Hills in a Subdivision called South Woods. I also have friends that live in South Hills. It is a very nice neighborhood. It's been around for a good 10 years or so. The schools are great. My kids have been student there for a number of years, though I loved the old Principle of Clevelend Ele compared to the new one. But, in all, it is a great school. I don't know much about Celveland Middle cause my kids go to Clayton Middle where we live, and my oldest starts West Johnston High next fall. It has an AWESOME band prgram if your kids are into instruments. Thanksgiving 2008 they will be marching in the Macy's parade. There are also a number of other big competitions, etc that they go to. They are working on another big parade also but have't gotten confirmation yet.....in California!! West also has dance and chorus programs, which is rare if it's not a magnet school.

This is a very friendly area, family oriented, a great place to live. My parents have been here since 1990, and me since 1995. Good luck with your house hunt. Fell free to email if any questions.

Unread 06-04-2007, 03:12 PM

198 posts, read 637,426 times
Clayton looks like Mississippi!

Unread 06-04-2007, 07:13 PM

312 posts, read 1,152,615 times
Glad you asked about South Hills! I'm a postal carrier and I deliver mails in that area. South Hills is a very nice area. It's quiet, clean, friendly people, plenty of children, and good school. The area is rural, but more stores are being built, for example, Walmart Supercenter is going to be up behind Lowes Building supply and as for Lowes grocery store, it's by Cornwallis and Benson Road, which is not too far from South Hills. The area is growing rapidly and more people are moving to the area.

I'm familiar with Zachary Way. Alot of families with children live on that street. I would live there if I knew about that place long ago. Best wishes on your house hunting!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary