Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2010, 06:51 PM

1,112 posts, read 2,864,650 times

Advertisements

Cary like every other town has crime whether we like it or not. From reading the crime reports in the Cary News it always apears that most crime results in theft from leaving garage doors open ($2000 of golf clubs reported in todays paper with garage door open) or GPS / MP3 Players taken from unlocked vehicles parked in driveways.

More seriously, in the area adjacent to the Harris Teeter in Cary Park there was a murder and a bank robbery within a week some weeks ago - the murder was at the Grove Apartments and Capital Bank was robbed. So yes there is crime in Cary
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2010, 07:17 AM

2,908 posts, read 3,873,038 times
The bottom line is that if you are comparing ANY area to Readington, Clinton or Tewkesbury, you will find more crime. Hunterdon county has always been one of the safest places to live country-wide (sans an occasional deer collision).
Schools, are going to be comparable, depending on where you move in the Triangle.

Old 05-13-2010, 08:53 AM

42 posts, read 118,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theS5 View Post
Hunterdon county has always been one of the safest places to live country-wide (sans an occasional deer collision).
Occasional deer collision...that's an understatement. Those suckers are everywhere up there!

I am so glad I found this thread. I am also originally from Hunterdon Cty (all family is still there)- currently living in Central Florida- and wish to relocate to the Triangle area. To hear that the school are comparable to the Hunterdon cty. schools is a great thing to hear.

To the OP, drugs/drinking are pretty common in the Hunterdon high schools, both public and private, so I guess same stuff, different location.

Old 08-12-2010, 04:16 PM
sk6

1 posts, read 1,071 times
I moved here already and my kids are in west cary and weatherstone. I am little apprehensive about these schools. Any one who can shed some light about these schools would be of great help. Hvent been reading good stuff on the web about these schools.

Old 10-15-2010, 04:44 PM

1 posts, read 973 times
that is not true .as of today we know about 5 gangs in cary .briercliff apart and mobile estats is full of gang members but cary police do not tell people they want every one to think that they dont have trouble with them but thats asking for trouble .they live in cary and other towns . look at cary high !!!!!!!the shooting in mobile estates was gang relaited

Last edited by Green Irish Eyes; 10-15-2010 at 05:08 PM.. Reason: Deleted racist comments

Old 10-16-2010, 07:33 AM

1,832 posts, read 5,090,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidnurze View Post
Is it a huge percent of kids in each high school that use? Is there a huge prescription drug problem there? Just trying to learn as much as I can.
"Green Dope"/Green Hope high also has a reputation for having a lot of kids from wealthy families. Wealthy is a relative term of course. If you look at the base attendance zone on the WCPSS map, you'll see it's a pretty small geographic area that is surrounded by Panther Creek high school--also a great school with a great reputation.

I mention the "wealthy kid" reputation because I think, sometimes, people's negative association with that might make them to make other negative associations ("Green Dope"). MY house is assigned to Panther Creek and a neighbor mentioned how glad she was that we're not going to Green Hope b/c of the drugs (she's a teacher). So I don't know how much of it is true and how much it's just negative gossip.

I can also add that I went to a private (girls) high school when I was growing up and it was the boys at the most expensive school in town that were doing acid and other hardcore drugs. They had more money and bigger houses with less parental supervision!

I would think that if you looked in the Panther Creek/Green Hope assigment areas you'd be happy either way. But reassignments are bound to happen in the coming years.....

Old 10-19-2010, 02:36 PM

39 posts, read 86,039 times
I'm a student at Panther Creek High School; like everybody else is saying, there are drugs everywhere, you can't get away from them. But there has never been ANY gang related activities at my school, nor at any other school in Cary. But about drugs, most people don't even do 'drugs,' they just smoke marijuana, which im not saying isn't bad. Every once in a while youll see somebody take some pills, but as long as your kid stays with the right crowd and doesn't give into peer pressure they'll be fine. Hope this helps!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary