Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2010, 05:30 AM

770 posts, read 2,748,074 times

Advertisements

Just received my renewal for the N and O - $195 for 7 days for a year.
Last year I paid $128! I have canceled it for the time being as the paper is getting less and less - midweek the free cary paper is bigger than the N and O.

I pay a lot less for the WSJ Subscription and at least that has some news in it

What does anyone else pay per year?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2010, 07:50 AM

9,196 posts, read 24,865,006 times
I currently pay monthly on an auto-pay plan and pay $15 per month ($180 per year). If it weren't for the coupons on Sunday, I'd cancel. They more than cover the cost of a subscription. But as for the news, it's really light some days (Mondays in particular are awful) and most of it is from another source that I likely read somewhere the day before.

Old 03-05-2010, 07:55 AM

2,835 posts, read 7,323,337 times
Stop getting the paper years ago. Use N&O online site and WRAL on line site for my news. Was tired of paying for a lot of paper I only put into the waste stream anyway.

Old 03-05-2010, 07:58 AM

2,835 posts, read 7,323,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHTransplant View Post
I currently pay monthly on an auto-pay plan and pay $15 per month ($180 per year). If it weren't for the coupons on Sunday, I'd cancel. They more than cover the cost of a subscription. But as for the news, it's really light some days (Mondays in particular are awful) and most of it is from another source that I likely read somewhere the day before.
Might want to try to get those coupons via online sites. Most are readily available as are all the circulars you find in the Sunday paper. Than one can print out ONLY the coupons one wants.

Old 03-05-2010, 08:00 AM

9,196 posts, read 24,865,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdrive View Post
Might want to try to get those coupons via online sites. Most are readily available as are all the circulars you find in the Sunday paper. Than one can print out ONLY the coupons one wants.
I keep hearing that, but despite all my efforts, I can't seem to find a relatively easy way to find those same coupons online. Is there an obvious site?

Old 03-05-2010, 08:57 AM

9,128 posts, read 14,681,553 times
I too have been teetering on cancelling th eN&O over the past several years. They keep taking more and more of the actual content out and I come a little closer to cancelling each time. FInding a good coupon site that was not full of spam, scam and non working coupons would help.

Old 03-05-2010, 09:01 AM

12,475 posts, read 32,152,505 times
Sitting down with my News and Disturber on Saturday and Sunday is a treat for me. I hate to give that up and reading from the computer just isn't the same to me. I have looked into just getting the weekend papers but it isn't that much more to get it every day. I'm not sure what we pay.

Vicki

Old 03-05-2010, 09:09 AM

797 posts, read 3,569,421 times
I think all newspapers (outside of a select few like WSJ) will not even be around in 5 years. That includes N&O, Chapel Hill Herald, and Durham Herald. They are definitely going the way of the dinosaur, and for good reason. Everything in them is old news by the time its printed and at your door. They are going the way of the dinosaur.

Old 03-05-2010, 09:25 AM

776 posts, read 1,680,247 times
Newspaper? You mean to tell me you can still get news on paper?! Wow...next you'll tell me there's still those big buildings that are filled with books that you can read and even rent.

Old 03-05-2010, 10:12 AM

481 posts, read 1,083,177 times
I had the Friday - Sunday but then they also jacked up the price! So I decided to drop it. I miss the Sunday paper but oh well. I was hoping they would offer me something better since I canceled but never heard anything. You would think the way things are and more people going online they would try better to keep customers. Shrug.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary