Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2010, 09:27 AM

6 posts, read 18,179 times

Advertisements

Hello,
I am looking to rent a house in Amberly, I have check craigslist, but did not find anything of interest, does anyone have another suggestion about were I can search.

Thanks
Geoff
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2010, 02:58 PM

28 posts, read 68,342 times
I think there may be a problem with the builder out there. They may have stopped development, which could create some unease and cause an increase their homeowners dues to cover that HUGE amenities center they have.

Old 03-08-2010, 03:38 PM

300 posts, read 970,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdshaw07 View Post
I think there may be a problem with the builder out there. They may have stopped development, which could create some unease and cause an increase their homeowners dues to cover that HUGE amenities center they have.
Cite your facts. I'm an Amberly resident and I can tell you there's absolutely no problem funding the amenities center and development has not, in fact, stopped. In fact, there are at least 3 or 4 foundations going into Village Square this week.

Old 03-09-2010, 08:52 AM

1,307 posts, read 2,925,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pari625 View Post
Hey all,

I've been doing some house-hunting online and have noticed some odd purchases/sales in Amberly. Seems like a couple of folks are selling their homes just a month to 3 months after buying them on one street. These aren't the kind of homes that would likely be flipped.

On a nearby street, there are 3 homes for sale.

I'm pretty new to the area and am wondering if there's something wrong with these homes or this neighborhood. I'm referring to Blackstone in Amberly.

Your candid feedback would be very appreciated.
Thanks!
3 houses sold on our street in Amberly just this year. It is picking up and there are deals to be had. Average selling price is around 5% under asking for spec homes. In addition, there are 3 new houses going up at the moment just in our 1 block radius.
Weycroft (just behind Amberly) has had many lots purchased by builders in the last month. The area is picking up steam and once 540 is complete the area will really heat up. Why? Proximity to RTP, Southpoint, RDU and I-40.
Also, the Del Webb complex is growing at an unbelievable rate....and they are pre-solds, not spec homes.

Old 03-09-2010, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobirdz27 View Post
Cite your facts. I'm an Amberly resident and I can tell you there's absolutely no problem funding the amenities center and development has not, in fact, stopped. In fact, there are at least 3 or 4 foundations going into Village Square this week.
True. No builder problems at all and there is no increase in the association fees. If you lived there, you would have known that.

However, the developers note is being held by a bank that the FDIC acquired and there is a temporary hold on lots that weren't being held by the developer. Once the FDIC sorts it all out the remaining lots will be released.
The management of the amenities center was recently turned over to another group. They now offer longer hours of operation and expanded fitness classes. From what I hear it is much improved.

Old 03-09-2010, 09:25 AM

494 posts, read 1,384,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theS5 View Post
It could be that people are realizing that they do not want to be able to reach out of their window and shake hands with the neighbors.
I don't think that is a bad thing in an active adult community.Can't see my dad in his late 60's on a few acres of woods,staring at the trees.He's more interested in the clubhouse and the other amenities offered.

Old 03-10-2010, 09:16 AM

214 posts, read 693,487 times
I have no first hand knowledge but I spoke to a realtor who was very familiar with the situation last year when I considered buying there. She said the concern with the HOA dues was that the developer was still funding most of the amenities cost and at that point, if the developer folded, which she thought was very possible, then the HOA dues would have to substantially increase. When fully built the dues should be able to support the HOA but if the developer folded and the dues more than doubled, there is not much chance that the community would be fully built out any time soon.

But like I said, this was last year and it looks like nothing has happend.

Old 03-10-2010, 10:26 AM

300 posts, read 970,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emanresu2 View Post
I have no first hand knowledge but I spoke to a realtor who was very familiar with the situation last year when I considered buying there. She said the concern with the HOA dues was that the developer was still funding most of the amenities cost and at that point, if the developer folded, which she thought was very possible, then the HOA dues would have to substantially increase. When fully built the dues should be able to support the HOA but if the developer folded and the dues more than doubled, there is not much chance that the community would be fully built out any time soon.

But like I said, this was last year and it looks like nothing has happend.
I can assure you that is no longer the case. The HOA is funded exclusively by the residents today. A significant number of closings in Del Webb has greatly added to the HOA's income.

Old 03-22-2010, 10:53 PM

3,225 posts, read 3,513,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annesg View Post
I don't know about Blackstone, but I have family in Amberly and they have seen several neighbors lose jobs (after being transferred here by their companies) and end up moving out of state when they find work again. With all the banking and high-tech layoffs, I'm not surprised to see it happening in a more expensive development like Amberly.

Blackstone had been very stable for the last few years. Three basement homes sold over the summer relatively quickly (60 days or less) for just about their original purchase price at the height of the boom. At least two of the currently listed Blackstone houses are relo's. The expanded amenities center hours are good, I just wish they kept it open past 9PM (so hard to get up @6AM to go work out).

Old 03-23-2010, 01:47 PM

FYI, another house just sold on my block and a third house is being started across the street from me
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary