Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2010, 02:34 PM

80 posts, read 176,858 times

Advertisements

Hey all,

I've been doing some house-hunting online and have noticed some odd purchases/sales in Amberly. Seems like a couple of folks are selling their homes just a month to 3 months after buying them on one street. These aren't the kind of homes that would likely be flipped.

On a nearby street, there are 3 homes for sale.

I'm pretty new to the area and am wondering if there's something wrong with these homes or this neighborhood. I'm referring to Blackstone in Amberly.

Your candid feedback would be very appreciated.
Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2010, 02:48 PM

6,297 posts, read 16,054,411 times
Layoffs?

Old 03-07-2010, 06:06 PM

644 posts, read 1,498,699 times
Over priced development, but people still buy there and then when they have a problem must sell. Cary prices are still too high in this market.

Old 03-07-2010, 06:16 PM

1,832 posts, read 5,077,393 times
I don't know about Blackstone, but I have family in Amberly and they have seen several neighbors lose jobs (after being transferred here by their companies) and end up moving out of state when they find work again. With all the banking and high-tech layoffs, I'm not surprised to see it happening in a more expensive development like Amberly.

Old 03-07-2010, 07:44 PM

11 posts, read 30,245 times
I have a lot of friends whose families reside there.
I know that a lot of their parents work for RTP companies and many of these companies have closed, cut jobs, or relocated recently, including Sony Ericsson, IBM, and a few others.
As far as the neighborhood goes, there aren't any problems that I have heard of from friends living there. (And furthermore Panther Creek High School is the best high school in NC, if you ask me, which can definitely aid in property values.)

Old 03-07-2010, 07:54 PM

2,932 posts, read 7,802,677 times
I also have a feeling it had to do with the current state of jobs in this area. The area is still very desireable though.

Old 03-08-2010, 04:53 AM

2,908 posts, read 3,858,987 times
It could be that people are realizing that they do not want to be able to reach out of their window and shake hands with the neighbors.

Old 03-08-2010, 05:17 AM

513 posts, read 1,601,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AliciaAmnesia View Post
(And furthermore Panther Creek High School is the best high school in NC, if you ask me, which can definitely aid in property values.)

hmmmm......i think green hope was tops in the area but not sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theS5 View Post
It could be that people are realizing that they do not want to be able to reach out of their window and shake hands with the neighbors.
The houses would be over $700k with a half acre....I have 7 ft between my house and my neighbors. I call it fire safety, I can jump on their roof incase mine starts to burn lol

Old 03-08-2010, 06:46 AM

80 posts, read 176,858 times
Default Thanks for your answers, folks

Thanks to everyone who replied!

Old 03-08-2010, 06:46 AM

98 posts, read 131,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theS5 View Post
That is what I was thinking. Way too close for that kind of money. Or it can be

Relocating
Moving up
Divorce
Picking a different location in the development
Too much air traffic

It can be any number of things.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary