U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2010, 08:11 PM

1,166 posts, read 1,121,926 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjgdeux View Post
No kidding? That would be great. I'm driving back on that route this evening - I'm curious to see what they've done.
Looking forward to your report!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2010, 10:40 AM

27 posts, read 56,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by siameseifyoupls View Post
Looking forward to your report!

Well my report is that as of about 7 PM last night, not only had nothing been removed...there are another 3 new tags that I saw which have shown up since the weekend.

Old 04-06-2010, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Well my report is that as of about 7 PM last night, not only had nothing been removed...there are another 3 new tags that I saw which have shown up since the weekend.
Could you give more detail about the location? Or is it just obvious when you get on the beltline? I have seen some just before the Wade Avenue exit. I only travel the beltline several times a month, so I haven't really kept up with this. But I did see some last Saturday morning.

I plan to follow up until something is done. Apparently the city is much more diligent.

Old 04-06-2010, 11:55 AM

I just called the Raleigh police dispatch number 831-6311. She said if you call that number with the exact location(s), they will send a police officer out to take a picture of it. They will then try to get it removed. I guess the picture helps them determine if/what gangs are involved.

Old 04-08-2010, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by siameseifyoupls View Post
I just called the Raleigh police dispatch number 831-6311. She said if you call that number with the exact location(s), they will send a police officer out to take a picture of it. They will then try to get it removed. I guess the picture helps them determine if/what gangs are involved.

Called the number and the girl said "we'll have someone look into it".

Old 04-08-2010, 05:33 PM

6,185 posts, read 13,842,121 times
Isn't the beltline covered by the DOT?

Old 04-08-2010, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovebrentwood View Post
Isn't the beltline covered by the DOT?
Yes, but my understanding is that the police want to track the graffiti. I don't know who they intend to ask to remove it, but I'm going to follow through. I'll be traveling the beltline on Saturday morning. It can't hurt to try more than one approach. This may take a while.

Old 04-08-2010, 08:45 PM

982 posts, read 2,144,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by underPSI View Post
What seems a shame is people will get on the internet to complain about the graffiti and the people who are "supposed" to clean it instead of organizing a community event so neighbors could actually meet more neighbors by cleaning up the area they live in together. Such nice, beautiful weather out this week, too.

People shouldn't have to organize a "community event" to clean up the mess. Please see below under "Graffiti removal."

The Street Maintenance Division provides maintenance for 997 miles of City and State highway system streets and rights-of-way within the City limits. Strives to insure safety of streets through cost effective maintenance. Services include patching and resurfacing of asphalt pavements, concrete repairs, storm drain and culvert repairs, street sweeping, curbside leaf collection, snow and ice control, special load collection, tree root damaged sidewalk repair, and other general street maintenance related functions.

Citizens report potholes or storm drain problems at pothole@ci.raleigh.nc.us

Graffiti removal
The Inspections Department serves as the clearinghouse for coordinating removal of graffiti. On public property, small-scale clean ups are handled by the Street Maintenance Division. More information
If you spot graffiti, call it in at 996-6001 or email graffiti@ci.raleigh.nc.us.

For More Information Contact:

Christopher W. McGee, PE
Street Superintendent
1027 North West Street
Raleigh, NC
919-996-6446

Old 04-09-2010, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toodie View Post

Graffiti removal
The Inspections Department serves as the clearinghouse for coordinating removal of graffiti. On public property, small-scale clean ups are handled by the Street Maintenance Division. More information
If you spot graffiti, call it in at 996-6001 or email graffiti@ci.raleigh.nc.us.

For More Information Contact:

Christopher W. McGee, PE
Street Superintendent
1027 North West Street
Raleigh, NC
919-996-6446

I guess in theory, citizens contact the appropriate authorities and the graffiti is dealt with. In theory.

Old 04-09-2010, 11:44 AM

Quote:
I guess in theory, citizens contact the appropriate authorities and the graffiti is dealt with. In theory.
And if you call that number they will direct you to the DOT. But they do a good job in the City of Raleigh. The problem is getting the DOT moving.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary