Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2010, 12:24 PM

1,320 posts, read 1,533,793 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by siameseifyoupls View Post
And if you call that number they will direct you to the DOT. But they do a good job in the City of Raleigh. The problem is getting the DOT moving.
I just called the police dispatch number because I finally had more exact graffiti locations. The dispatcher I walked with said they had sent someone out this week to check it out. She said a couple of people had called. Pictures were taken between Wade and Capital. She said they then ask DOT to remove it. She said in the past it has taken up to two weeks. We'll see. But they did do something based on the calls.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2010, 10:32 PM

449 posts, read 699,466 times
Thumbs up Thanks everyone for working on this!

I am pretty diligent about filling out the online form for grafitti in Raleigh, but the highway stuff I haven't had a chance to speak up myself.

Your attention to this is appreciated by me

Old 04-27-2010, 03:26 PM

5 posts, read 17,594 times
hello there. i am a graffiti writer and i just wanna say that first off for the amount of people that are moving here from bigger cities, graffiti is just inevitable, also DOT is probably the laziest bunch of people i know here, but its not only laziness its also that they have a "budget" for a zip code. once graff writers paint a ton in the zip code they have to put removing it on a halt for quite some time. graff writers know this thats why they do it. i have seen NC grow for quite some years and the amount of people that do graffiti now have probably increased tenfold. Also dont think that graffiti here is done by "kids" 14-20 year olds. some of them are your age or older. so think about that. i know what i do is illegal, but you wont ever be able to stop it, raleigh just does not have the resources to stop this many people from picking up a can and painting and when the younger generation sees graffiti on the highways if it interests them.....well there is a new writer. i have met kids that 14 years old here in raleigh that lie to their parents and tell them they are going skating just so they can go find an abandoned building or spot to put their work up. the desire is there, kids want to paint. you can never stop it completely.

Old 04-27-2010, 03:30 PM

ALSO important for you suburban housewives to know! literally 99.99999% of graffiti in NC is graffiti artists, not gangs! ( for all you know its YOUR kids lol) i just have to say this cause when i go grocery shopping i have heard before 2 women talking about a graffiti writer on the highway that i know, but saying that it was gangs and making tons of accusations about it. no you are not in danger kids just wanna paint and be noticed.

Old 04-27-2010, 03:31 PM

ok sorry im blowing this forum up, but does anyone have pics of the highway spots?

Old 04-27-2010, 04:27 PM

43,265 posts, read 77,043,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aratherlargetree11 View Post
ALSO important for you suburban housewives to know! literally 99.99999% of graffiti in NC is graffiti artists, not gangs! ( for all you know its YOUR kids lol) i just have to say this cause when i go grocery shopping i have heard before 2 women talking about a graffiti writer on the highway that i know, but saying that it was gangs and making tons of accusations about it. no you are not in danger kids just wanna paint and be noticed.
"Artists?"

If you are defacing the property of others, or public property without permission, whether you call it "graffiti writing," or "graffiti art," you are a "vandal," as in "vandalism."
It is a crime.

Old 04-28-2010, 12:26 AM

as i said before. i understand i am breaking the law, but no matter how you slice it, it meets the definition of art.

Old 04-28-2010, 06:32 AM

11,151 posts, read 15,829,054 times
Quote:
no matter how you slice it, it meets the definition of art.

Um -- no, it doesn't.

Old 04-28-2010, 07:52 AM

what is art then? lol

Old 04-28-2010, 07:53 AM

1,320 posts, read 1,533,793 times
Quote:
Surburban housewives? MY kids?

From this urban, employed, childless citizen of Wake County, you have no right to deface public property or personal property that does not belong to you. I am amazed at the cavalier attitude with which you dis-respect others.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary