U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2010, 06:41 PM

3,744 posts, read 9,449,079 times

Advertisements

The sign went up a couple of days ago. Seems Standard Pacific is getting ready to break ground on new townhomes behind Stone Creek Village shopping center at High House and Davis. There's only a small buildable area behind the shops. The sign has a picture of the proposed homes. The depiction of the homes looks like they will be nice - starting prices at $250K, 3 BR, 2 BA, 2 car garages. This should be interesting. Maybe more homes adjacent to the shopping area will bring in more commercial vendors. Tribecca Tavern is going strong thus far.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2010, 08:42 AM

7,705 posts, read 10,094,589 times
I have noticed the graded out area all along the back of the shops area for some time and have been waiting for somethign to start there. Looks like it will have potential rear entry garages on a lower level based on grading and the road stub that goes down to that lower level. I can't find anything on Standard Pacifics site yet though. There is actually room for quite a few units there. It should also go a long way to actually competing the mixed use philosophy of that center, as with the current residential up on one end, it is really two seperate areas at this point.

I wonder when we will hear the massive outcry from the homes behind that shopping center as even though this had to be approved along with the rest of the development, people will have had "no idea they were going to do this". I am sure the Davis and High House people will be cranked up any minute.

Old 03-09-2010, 08:58 AM

4,188 posts, read 9,824,248 times
I went to Stone Creek this past Friday night to meet a friend and was surprised at how many people were out and about there. Took me a bit of time to find a parking space! Quite a few people at It's a Grind, and later we went to Tribeca Tavern for a beer, which was also pretty busy. I think that area is going to only get better, especially when the economy picks up (whenever that happens).

Old 03-09-2010, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adlnc07 View Post
I went to Stone Creek this past Friday night to meet a friend and was surprised at how many people were out and about there. Took me a bit of time to find a parking space! Quite a few people at It's a Grind, and later we went to Tribeca Tavern for a beer, which was also pretty busy. I think that area is going to only get better, especially when the economy picks up (whenever that happens).
Agreed, we walk around there quite a bit and it's been pretty lively recently. I'm sure Tribecca is part of the reason, as well as the great weather! I't's a Grind and Five Guys are always pretty busy too.

Old 03-09-2010, 06:08 PM

380 posts, read 834,474 times
I saw that same sign today and thought if they are anywhere as nice as the townhomes already there they should be gorgeous!

Old 03-10-2010, 02:23 PM

11 posts, read 25,988 times
I live in Morrisville off of Davis Drive, and that area always has a bunch of people. I geneally do my shopping at the Harris Teeter near the Chickfila (which is always full). I've never bothered to drive past the Harris Teeter was was not aware of the townhomes..are there any more in that area?

I'm looking to be out of my apartment in August, and would love to transition into a townhome...but I've been unable to find anything with land. While I'm not looking for a huge backyard..I would like something with a bit of privacy in the back, and not just an open deck where I can reach out and shake my neighbors hand....any suggestions.

The highest I'm willing to go is 200,000, I don't see the housing market bouncing back by August, so I'm assuming I can still get some really good buys for less than the above in a good area...either in Cary or Morrisville!

Old 03-10-2010, 03:45 PM

7,705 posts, read 10,094,589 times
Try the Manors or Manors II in Breckenridge. They are actually Semi-detached, and you do have an actual yard which can be fenced if you want, but if it is not fenced, the association will do the lawm care for you.

Old 03-13-2010, 06:14 AM

Thumbs up Another new restaurant coming in soon too!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljd1010 View Post
The sign went up a couple of days ago. Seems Standard Pacific is getting ready to break ground on new townhomes behind Stone Creek Village shopping center at High House and Davis. There's only a small buildable area behind the shops. The sign has a picture of the proposed homes. The depiction of the homes looks like they will be nice - starting prices at $250K, 3 BR, 2 BA, 2 car garages. This should be interesting. Maybe more homes adjacent to the shopping area will bring in more commercial vendors. Tribecca Tavern is going strong thus far.
Just came back from walking my dogs - at the far end of the front facing shops (on High House) - large corner location is a sign announcing:

Coming soon - Caturra Cafe.

Things seem to picking up in Stone Creek Village. Hope it continues!

Old 03-13-2010, 06:22 AM

31,648 posts, read 55,416,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljd1010 View Post
Just came back from walking my dogs - at the far end of the front facing shops (on High House) - large corner location is a sign announcing:

Coming soon - Caturra Cafe.

Things seem to picking up in Stone Creek Village. Hope it continues!
SCV will do fine over time.
Location and traffic and local population will support the shopping center.

Old 03-13-2010, 06:57 AM

4,597 posts, read 10,236,648 times
I think so, too, Mike. It is a great location -- easily accessible from a number of entrances, and a lot of different restaurants, shops, stores, and a pediatrician's office, no less.

Hubby and I head over there at least once or twice a week. I would readily entertain living in a town home, but Mr. Rdslots has had his fill, he says, of anything that resembles living in an apartment, and sharing walls. I like the lifestyle, and would love an end-unit town home, myself.

Last edited by RDSLOTS; 03-13-2010 at 07:22 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary