U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-09-2010, 11:27 AM

1 posts, read 2,497 times

Advertisements

My husband and I are looking for a house or townhouse to RENT and are having a very hard time finding one with a fenced in yard. We have two dogs and the few properties we have found with fenced in yards all have a no pet policy. Does anyone know of any properties or a good place to search? We are looking in Raleigh/Apex/Morrisville.
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2010, 11:36 AM

9,198 posts, read 21,151,892 times
Some discussion here:

In Search of Pet-Friendly Rental Home (preferably with fence)

Old 03-09-2010, 11:39 AM

5,700 posts, read 8,294,164 times
I've been looking for the same, though in different areas - how firm are you on the areas? I know of two for rent but one is north of Hillsborough and one is in North Durham.

Old 03-09-2010, 03:56 PM

462 posts, read 926,518 times
Scott's Mill in Apex has some and they look like a decent size as well.

Old 03-09-2010, 04:05 PM

331 posts, read 669,327 times
hotpads.com has dozens of rentals in the Triangle area.

Old 03-10-2010, 08:03 AM

214 posts, read 602,996 times
Was looking for this on craigslist last year but had to stay in a certain school district and very few had fences. I just asked the owners about installing a fence and most were willling to consider this if I helped pay for it in some way - a couple said I would have to pay for all of it, one said I could pay for all of it then he would cut the rent by $50 per month, one wanted my to pay for lumber and he and his friend would build it, one wanted $500 (out of about $2000 total cost) and another wanted $100 more per month on a 6 month lease. So, you may have more options if you ask. Around here fences often appraise above cost so a smart landlord should be happy to install one if they had some incentive or assistance.

Old 03-10-2010, 10:24 AM

6,185 posts, read 13,842,121 times
It might not hurt to ask a landlord to reconsider accepting pets -- if you have excellent credit, solid employment, and valid references.

We, as landlords, did that, and even though we're not thrilled with renting to people with a dog, the tenants are otherwise excellent, so we were flexible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emanresu2 View Post
Was looking for this on craigslist last year but had to stay in a certain school district and very few had fences. I just asked the owners about installing a fence and most were willling to consider this if I helped pay for it in some way - a couple said I would have to pay for all of it, one said I could pay for all of it then he would cut the rent by $50 per month, one wanted my to pay for lumber and he and his friend would build it, one wanted $500 (out of about $2000 total cost) and another wanted $100 more per month on a 6 month lease. So, you may have more options if you ask. Around here fences often appraise above cost so a smart landlord should be happy to install one if they had some incentive or assistance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary