Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-10-2010, 11:31 AM

4 posts, read 11,462 times

Advertisements

I'm wondering if teacher contracts have gone out for Wake County Schools? There are a few jobs on the Human Resources page but
not as many as I would expect. Anyone currently teaching in Wake
County have any insight on when jobs not being filled internally are
usually posted? Thanks --
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2010, 02:39 PM

467 posts, read 1,774,424 times
tough to say - they post sporadically throughout the year. There have been lots of cuts in the last year, and so many jobs are posted with a candidate in mind. Your safest bet for a job that hasn't already been internally earmarked is the fall.

Old 03-10-2010, 03:51 PM

46 posts, read 140,195 times
The website posts all new openings on Tuesday and Thursdays. There are jobs out there, but I will be honest in saying there is a lot of competition. Hundreds of teachers were let go last year and many of them are still trying to get back in.

Old 03-10-2010, 04:03 PM

645 posts, read 1,503,434 times
Good Luck, a contract?? I would say if you are on a terminating one like we are we will not know if we have a job to a week before school starts in August again just like last year. Quite frankly the district and the way they treat their employees leaves much to be desired. I am disgusted with the fact that they give all part time teachers terminating contracts. Its a bad joke.

Old 03-10-2010, 05:19 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,034,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by capt chill View Post
Good Luck, a contract?? I would say if you are on a terminating one like we are we will not know if we have a job to a week before school starts in August again just like last year. Quite frankly the district and the way they treat their employees leaves much to be desired. I am disgusted with the fact that they give all part time teachers terminating contracts. Its a bad joke.
Will part time teachers in N.J. be allowed to join the state retirement system?
N.J. Gov. Christie, lawmakers propose sweeping pension, health care changes for public employees | - NJ.com
The proposals would require workers and retirees at all levels of government and local school districts to contribute to their own health care costs, ban part-time workers at the state and local levels from participating in the underfunded state pension system, cap sick leave payouts for all public employees and constitutionally require the state to fully fund its pension obligations each year.

Will this become a national trend to fix help fix state pension systems?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary