U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-13-2016, 07:20 AM
 
Location: Cary, NC
8,264 posts, read 21,806,347 times
Reputation: 5509

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaiho View Post
This isn't always true. There are dishes where you have to use red chili powder. If someone wants a Pav bhaji, it is going to be quiet weird.

I second what Sant said about Cholanad especially for South Indian food. The food at Cholanad while expensive is probably the most authentic South Indian food I have had in the Triangle. While not Indian, I used to love the taste of the food at Himalayan Nepali cuisine in Cary but management there has since changed.
They're baack! Like the previous poster noted, the original owners reopened in Reedy Creek Plaza just about 2 miles away! Delicious and cheap!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-15-2016, 12:01 PM
 
Location: Oxxford Hunt, Cary NC
4,188 posts, read 9,811,768 times
Reputation: 3821
Ate at Dharani for lunch today - the buffet was really good! Almost all of the dishes were new to me, which is the whole reason I like going to Indian buffets. Lots of vegetarian choices and everything was clearly labeled. The place was mobbed though so I'm glad we got there at 11:30AM. Will definitely be going back!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-17-2016, 09:47 PM
 
606 posts, read 583,165 times
Reputation: 419
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamishra View Post
They're baack! Like the previous poster noted, the original owners reopened in Reedy Creek Plaza just about 2 miles away! Delicious and cheap!
Thank you!! Ate with a bunch of friends. Food tasted just as good as it did two years back and prices are still nominal
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-18-2016, 05:37 AM
 
2,280 posts, read 2,225,568 times
Reputation: 1869
I am going to give a shout out to my favorite, Nazara. Out of all the Indian restaurants close to this part of Cary, I think they are the best!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-19-2016, 01:16 PM
 
Location: Chapel Hill
732 posts, read 1,005,777 times
Reputation: 687
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sal_M View Post
I am going to give a shout out to my favorite, Nazara. Out of all the Indian restaurants close to this part of Cary, I think they are the best!
Interesting menu, several uncommon dishes. Will have to give this a try.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-20-2016, 07:03 AM
 
Location: Cary, NC
8,264 posts, read 21,806,347 times
Reputation: 5509
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sant View Post
Interesting menu, several uncommon dishes. Will have to give this a try.
We've been a couple of times and it is really good!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-20-2016, 07:13 AM
 
Location: NC
6,390 posts, read 4,470,459 times
Reputation: 7147
My daughter and I ate at Himalayan Range last night. Be both REALLY enjoyed it.

We got a Vindaloo (Chicken) dish, a Saag Paneer and another dish that was black lentles, red beans (and other beans) in Napali Spice. All heated to medium, which was just about right. It was not that hot, but after eating a whole meal, I had a nice glow. (Medium-hot would have been perfect for me, I think "Hot" would have hurt a little).

The service was friendly and prompt, as others noted, the prices were great, and I noticed that this location is much nicer than the one on Chatham.

All in all, a great experience. I will be back! Thanks to all who recommended it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-20-2016, 09:27 AM
 
Location: North Carolina
1,810 posts, read 1,497,233 times
Reputation: 1381
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
My daughter and I ate at Himalayan Range last night. Be both REALLY enjoyed it.

We got a Vindaloo (Chicken) dish, a Saag Paneer and another dish that was black lentles, red beans (and other beans) in Napali Spice. All heated to medium, which was just about right. It was not that hot, but after eating a whole meal, I had a nice glow. (Medium-hot would have been perfect for me, I think "Hot" would have hurt a little).

The service was friendly and prompt, as others noted, the prices were great, and I noticed that this location is much nicer than the one on Chatham.

All in all, a great experience. I will be back! Thanks to all who recommended it.
It's settled. I have to go ASAP.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-17-2016, 12:07 PM
 
Location: NC
6,390 posts, read 4,470,459 times
Reputation: 7147
Quote:
Originally Posted by adlnc07 View Post
Ate at Dharani for lunch today - the buffet was really good! Almost all of the dishes were new to me, which is the whole reason I like going to Indian buffets. Lots of vegetarian choices and everything was clearly labeled. The place was mobbed though so I'm glad we got there at 11:30AM. Will definitely be going back!
Finally tried it out today with a coworker. IMO, it is HANDS DOWN the best buffet in the area. Really great flavor, lots of variety, and busy (as mentioned). They have plenty of seating, but the place was hopping.

Couple highlights:
Both chicken and vegetarian Byriani
Another rice dish I didn't know, but YUM
Plenty of standards (Butter chicken, Tandori Chicken, great naan, etc..)
Plenty of dishes I never had.
Good level of spice for a buffet. Not a scorcher, but definitely a "robust" flavor profile
3+ desserts, including an avocado pudding with fresh fruit, OMG.

I will be going back. (if I live through this afternoon, that is.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-17-2016, 12:48 PM
 
Location: Raleigh, North Carolina
2,533 posts, read 2,693,967 times
Reputation: 3861
Sorry it's a bit off topic, but are there any Afghan restaurants around the area? Or Persian?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top