U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2016, 01:17 PM

14,296 posts, read 17,491,099 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordHelmit View Post
Sorry it's a bit off topic, but are there any Afghan restaurants around the area? Or Persian?
Flame Kabob in Brier Creek is Persian. Very casual. VERY nice people. We've enjoyed the food. https://locu.com/places/flame-kabob-raleigh-us/#menu

I believe we used to have 1 or 2 Afghan restaurants, but they have closed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2016, 01:54 PM

8,263 posts, read 21,803,020 times
flame kabob is awesome! Same family owns kabobi in the food court at Crabtree Mall.

Old 08-17-2016, 02:07 PM

53 posts, read 38,965 times
Will third flame kabob, the food is really really good.

Of late though, service has been slow/poor (perhaps because they seem family run and haven't really "scaled"), so we've reverted to take-out, and even that hasn't been a smooth experience on busy evenings. The food is still excellent thankfully

Old 08-17-2016, 02:15 PM

6,389 posts, read 4,468,067 times
Quote:
Sorry it's a bit off topic, but are there any Afghan restaurants around the area? Or Persian?
Used to be one on Kildaire (Afghan) but they went out of business. The one there now may be similar, it has "kabab" in the name. I forget what it's called, it's the old Pizza Hut just north of Maynard, just south of downtown.

Old 08-17-2016, 05:36 PM

5,700 posts, read 8,294,164 times
Another vote for the always delicious Flame Kabob for Persian! I've been there many times - barely leave a grain of rice on the plate.

That's too bad about the Afghan restaurants. The international festival is at the fairgrounds in mid-October and there will surely be a booth - maybe they will know if there's anything up and coming.

That festival is the greatest. FOOD

Old 08-19-2016, 05:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
Finally tried it out today with a coworker. IMO, it is HANDS DOWN the best buffet in the area. Really great flavor, lots of variety, and busy (as mentioned). They have plenty of seating, but the place was hopping.
So glad you liked it! I want to go back soon.

They just had their grand buffet (monthly on Sundays - costs a fortune, worth it). They post in advance on Facebook. It's a must to get there right when they open for that as it's completely packed.

Old 08-19-2016, 05:20 AM

4,188 posts, read 9,810,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorasMom View Post
So glad you liked it! I want to go back soon.

They just had their grand buffet (monthly on Sundays - costs a fortune, worth it). They post in advance on Facebook. It's a must to get there right when they open for that as it's completely packed.
How much does it cost?

Old 08-19-2016, 06:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adlnc07 View Post
How much does it cost?
Brace yourself.

I think it's $19.

Don't eat for the entire day beforehand, they have 50 items or something.

Old 08-19-2016, 06:32 AM

4,188 posts, read 9,810,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorasMom View Post
Brace yourself.

I think it's $19.

Don't eat for the entire day beforehand, they have 50 items or something.

Oh, that's not so bad. I've seen veg entrees in the $12-$14 range at some places, and I know the food wouldn't be nearly as good as Dharani! Will definitely keep an eye out for the next one!

Old 08-19-2016, 12:25 PM

732 posts, read 1,005,540 times
Quote:
True Persian would be Iranian food. The only Iranian place I know of is Pomegranate Kitchen in Chapel Hill/Durham. They are vegetarian, though.

There was an Afghan place in downtown Durham but it closed. The closest you may get to this type of cuisine are the Middle Eastern places near NC State's campus: Al Baraka Market, Almadina, Neomonde, and Jerusalem market.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary