U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2010, 01:36 PM

2,812 posts, read 6,447,976 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeacherAmy View Post
Wow, it sounds like you're describing my ideal home. We're looking right now for where we'll land after DH retires from the military this summer. I just wish I had an easy way to figure out the area and its subsections without ignoring my kids for hours on end. LOL!

Don't know if its ideal or not, that is in the eye of the looker I suppose! But Wake Forest is certainly worth a look & see and who knows, you maybe 'ideally' surprised with what you look and see! ....or saw!

lol Welcome!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2010, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cappeallar View Post
Rolesville in decent also!

Absolutely! In fact there are many more areas like Wake Forest in the triangle area that fits peoples expectations! I just happen to know and life in Wake Forest!

Old 03-30-2010, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovebrentwood View Post
Wake Forest sucks.

(Just doing my part to keep the secret.)

Just kidding! Wake Forest is very convenient to the Brentwood subdivision, so we can easily take advantage of visiting its cute downtown, bringing the grandson to The Factory, using the nearby Wakefield YMCA (the closest one to Brentwood) if we so choose, going to the thrift shop there, and then stopping by the Wendy's with a view.

And we don't have to fight Capital Boulevard traffic to 540 in the mornings.
Oh no you let out the secret! Actually in retrospect on warmer days when I have the windows open up here in upstate NY and its not raining or snowing I can hear the 'sucking' sound of the people leaving NY for NC! In fact, I think that is where my toaster went that was by the kitchen window!

Old 03-31-2010, 08:35 AM

189 posts, read 320,349 times
LMBO, dansdrive!!

Old 05-11-2010, 07:19 PM

14 posts, read 28,066 times
Hi There, Do you know much about the schools in Wake Forest? I have 3 kids...7, 10, and 12 and I'm terrified of all the bad things I've heard about school reassignments. Does that happen a lot up there?My husband is being transferred in 2 months and we are looking at Clayton in Johnston Co. or the Wake Forest area. Any info you have would be a HUGE blessing! Thank you kindly!!

Old 05-12-2010, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by naillady View Post
Hi There, Do you know much about the schools in Wake Forest? I have 3 kids...7, 10, and 12 and I'm terrified of all the bad things I've heard about school reassignments. Does that happen a lot up there?My husband is being transferred in 2 months and we are looking at Clayton in Johnston Co. or the Wake Forest area. Any info you have would be a HUGE blessing! Thank you kindly!!
Reassignments are a way of life in Wake County. All the schools within the county are controlled at the county level. So yes there is redistricting in Wake Forest. Can't speak for Clayton in Johnston County.

IMHO I would not be fearful of the schools. Better to become educated about them. Visit the schools your child 'maybe' assigned to. They are making efforts to make the reassignment easier via longer assignment projections but because of the growth of the area and new schools being built reassignment will be here for awhile.

First thing to identify is if your child will be a year round student or on a traditional calendar school year. You can find this out once you know what school they are projected to go to. Check out the Wake County Public School Website for details about their various schools and programs. WCPSS. Knowledge is the key to making good choices in where you will live and schools your children will attend. Some things like redistricting are out of your control once the children are assigned to schools but before you chose an area to live in its a great time to research the options for your children education.

Wake Forest IMHO have some pretty good schools, not perfect, not the best, but certainly not the worst. But a schools perspective is most affected by those that go there or have gone there and even those that never went to a school do render an opinion about the schools.

Good luck!

Old 05-12-2010, 06:12 PM

467 posts, read 1,552,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzmeister View Post
Wake Forest has TONS of young families. So much so that I doubt singles would really feel comfortable here but professionals with young children love it.
Don't discourage the singles!! Young, single Wake Forest homeowner here - and very comfortable!!

Old 05-13-2010, 07:11 AM

Wake Forest is open to one and all!

Old 05-13-2010, 10:08 AM

98 posts, read 256,348 times
Any Carvels in Wake Forest?? That would seal the deal for me or let's open a Friendly's!!!!

Old 05-13-2010, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bekindtoanimals View Post
Any Carvels in Wake Forest?? That would seal the deal for me or let's open a Friendly's!!!!
Friendly's for sure. But none I'm afraid at the moment. Goodberry's and DQ is all we have at the moment and a few smaller ice cream shops.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary