U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2010, 10:20 AM

554 posts, read 1,292,631 times

Advertisements

I am home from work today and thought I would look into the current rates for a 30 year fixed rate mortgage and from what institution. I was hoping someone would be willing to share their latest quote to save me some time.

Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2010, 11:31 AM

712 posts, read 3,708,928 times
Unless the quote is from today it won't matter. Mortgage rates and fees change daily. If you don't want to waste time, call a mortgage broker and get information that is relevant to today.

Here's one to get you started: Joey Hansen Mortgages

Old 03-12-2010, 09:02 PM

229 posts, read 562,136 times
I've been getting rates over the last week or two, and they've always been either 4.875% or 5.0% with one origination point for conventional loans (95% LTV ratio), and I've seen these same rates with no points on FHA loans.

Old 03-13-2010, 06:03 AM

835 posts, read 3,528,288 times
No one can quote you rates without knowledge of your individual qualifications.

Credit score? loan to value? loan amount? purchase/ refinance? if refi do you have 2nd mortgage? if you do, do you want to pay it off? was 2nd taken out the day you bought house or at a later date? how do you want to structure closing costs/ there are 3 ways and whats best for you may not be whats best for someone else? how long of a rate lock?

Closing rate sheets from yesterday day have rates as low as 4.75% with 1% origination, 4.875 with no origination, 5.0% no closing costs, but I don't know if you qualify for these rates. The guidelines have changed as far as who qualifies for the lowest rates. There are a lot of layers of adjustments that were not around a few years ago. To give you an example with 739 credit and 20% down you would not qualify for these rates.

Old 03-13-2010, 06:20 AM

31,605 posts, read 55,320,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dad2jules View Post
No one can quote you rates without knowledge of your individual qualifications.

Credit score? loan to value? loan amount? purchase/ refinance? if refi do you have 2nd mortgage? if you do, do you want to pay it off? was 2nd taken out the day you bought house or at a later date? how do you want to structure closing costs/ there are 3 ways and whats best for you may not be whats best for someone else? how long of a rate lock?

Closing rate sheets from yesterday day have rates as low as 4.75% with 1% origination, 4.875 with no origination, 5.0% no closing costs, but I don't know if you qualify for these rates. The guidelines have changed as far as who qualifies for the lowest rates. There are a lot of layers of adjustments that were not around a few years ago. To give you an example with 739 credit and 20% down you would not qualify for these rates.
Good post.
The landscape is ever-shifting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary