U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2010, 05:27 PM

2,135 posts, read 6,833,702 times

Advertisements

Yes, I think so. I like how they switched rooms. And I liked the little science room they had.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LARRY2CARY View Post
Thanks everyone! I checked them all out & had a great conversation with Jodi at Imagine That Pre-School. It seems to have everything I am looking for. During my next visit I am going to take a tour. My only question to those who have been is regarding the education & learning. Do you feel that your child is getting/has got a good level of knowledge & will be properly prepared for Kindergarten? Thanks again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2010, 07:17 AM

829 posts, read 1,483,703 times
Quote:
Thanks everyone! I checked them all out & had a great conversation with Jodi at Imagine That Pre-School. It seems to have everything I am looking for. During my next visit I am going to take a tour. My only question to those who have been is regarding the education & learning. Do you feel that your child is getting/has got a good level of knowledge & will be properly prepared for Kindergarten? Thanks again.

Well, he's my third child and my other two went to different preschools (we were in NJ and Garner) and he's learning the exact same sort of things they were (letter of the week, cutting with scissors, gluing etc). So I think he'll be perfectly prepared when the time comes.

Old 03-14-2010, 11:35 AM

202 posts, read 721,269 times
Macedonia Baptist Church "The Children's Place" in Holly Springs.

Old 03-14-2010, 12:55 PM

5,358 posts, read 15,048,880 times
Quote:
Well, at the age that my son was there (3 1/2-4 yr) I think that he needed more of the socialization than anything else. Learning how to play with other kids. .. . . structured day. . .. .listening to the teacher, etc. and they helped him out with that very well IMO.

He actually knew how to read before he started there (I taught him over the winter when he was 3-3 1/2 yr) and they didn't even realize it until the last week he was there (late Sept) when he picked up a book and read it out loud.

Old 07-07-2011, 06:56 PM

1 posts, read 1,078 times
Hi - really in need of assitance in finding a full time preschool for my 4 yr old daughter, in / near Apex. She went to a Christian based PreK-3 program, and as a result is already writes well and is starting to read. Therefore, I am not looking for basic child care, but a preschool program. I am returning to work and part time care is not an option. She went to school from 8 - 2:30 and aftercare was available until 6, looking for a similiar set up. Christian based preferred but not an absolute. Thanks. This search is really wearing on me.

Old 07-07-2011, 07:01 PM

1,384 posts, read 4,379,864 times
Most all institutional "daycares" have preschool curriculum. If they don't then that wouldn't be the norm. Primrose is highly recommended in most areas, but it's pricey. Several of my neighbors sent their kids to the one on Optimist Farm Rd.

Old 07-07-2011, 08:21 PM

330 posts, read 831,294 times
Check out Atlas International School. It might be what you are looking for.

Atlas International School - Preschool Curriculum
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary