U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2010, 11:43 AM

12 posts, read 28,535 times

Advertisements

Can anyone recommend a Pre-School near Apex. I am only looking for something part time, not all day or a day care situation. 2-3 days a week for a few hours would be ideal. Do any of them have slow seperation progams where the parents go with the children for the first few sessions? It doesn't have to be religious but can be. If possible can you also tell me if where you recommend has a wait list & approx. tuition. I would appreciate it. Thanks.
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2010, 11:46 AM

510 posts, read 1,509,667 times
Goddard School in either Apex or Cary - both locaitons are superb. My son went to Cary and was light years ahead when he got into kindergarten.

The Goddard School located in Apex, NC Early Childhood Education: Childcare Beyond
The Goddard School located in Cary, NC Early Childhood Education: Childcare Beyond

Old 03-12-2010, 12:33 PM

2,135 posts, read 6,836,080 times
Imagine That Preschool (http://www.imaginethatpreschool.com/www.imaginethatpreschool.com/Welcome.html - broken link)

Old 03-12-2010, 02:22 PM

831 posts, read 1,484,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAtoNC! View Post
Imagine That Preschool (http://www.imaginethatpreschool.com/www.imaginethatpreschool.com/Welcome.html - broken link)
This is where my 3 year old son goes and we're really happy there.

Old 03-12-2010, 04:32 PM

1,384 posts, read 4,382,098 times
Triangle Academy Preschool off of Kildaire Farm near Penny Rd. My daughter attended for 2 years. Not affiliated with a church. Program is 9am - 1pm. You pack a lunch & they provide a snack. Large spacious classrooms. I believe the max amt. of students is 15. They have a 2 day, 3 day or a 5 day option. They take kids starting at 2 years old.

Old 03-12-2010, 07:18 PM

306 posts, read 766,868 times
Default Love Primrose

Look in to Primrose at West Lake. It's both Cary AND Apex (go figure.) It's pricey, but excellent. And they provide lunch and snacks, which I've heard a lot of the better schools don't seem to do.

Old 03-12-2010, 09:24 PM

280 posts, read 636,089 times
Hope Chapel Preschool in Apex(very close to West Cary). They offer a very reasonably priced half day preschool.
I think they are currently waitlisted for all their programs except for the 2 year old classes. The teachers and director are very very friendly, accomodating and nice. My son loves going there.The kids do quite a bit of learning in the 3 hours that they spend there 3 days a week. They have 5 days a week half day programs for 4 year olds.The cost per month for the 3 days a week program is 155.

Old 03-13-2010, 04:13 AM

5,358 posts, read 15,055,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJKB View Post
This is where my 3 year old son goes and we're really happy there.
Our 4 yr old son went here through the summer. 2 days a week, from 9 till 1. He really liked it and sometimes asks to go back if we happen to drive by. They are very flexible.

Old 03-13-2010, 07:14 AM

12 posts, read 28,535 times
Thanks everyone! I checked them all out & had a great conversation with Jodi at Imagine That Pre-School. It seems to have everything I am looking for. During my next visit I am going to take a tour. My only question to those who have been is regarding the education & learning. Do you feel that your child is getting/has got a good level of knowledge & will be properly prepared for Kindergarten? Thanks again.

Old 03-13-2010, 09:48 AM

220 posts, read 764,358 times
Default We Love Primrose also!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunadesign View Post
Look in to Primrose at West Lake. It's both Cary AND Apex (go figure.) It's pricey, but excellent. And they provide lunch and snacks, which I've heard a lot of the better schools don't seem to do.
I second the Primrose recommendation!!! Our child is at Primrose (we moved based on a friend's recommendation) and we LOVE IT!!!! Couldn't be happier! It is a little more expensive, but the part time tuition is quite reasonable, and its worth it honestly.
My neighbor stays home and she takes her child part time to The Goddard School in Apex, and they're really happy there as well. Both are probably along the same lines education wise and price point. They both have Spanish and other programs that come in as well, for example, Kinder Kixx (a soccer program) and Jump Bunch, etc.
Good luck w/ your decision- its never easy b/c we all want the best for our kids!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary