U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2010, 09:57 PM

7 posts, read 18,296 times

Advertisements

I am looking for Chinese language classes for my kid who is almost 3 years old. Can anyone please suggest any good Chinese language classes in Cary/Raleigh?
Thank you for your time. I will really appreciate your response.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2010, 09:23 AM

9,198 posts, read 21,151,892 times
Little Panda Preschool- Durham Chinese School

Chinese School at Chapel Hill

CHICLE, The Chapel Hill Institute for Cultural and Language Education

Old 03-19-2010, 07:47 AM
jgb

480 posts, read 1,049,292 times
I think there is one in Cary, too.

Here it is:

Cary Chinese School

Old 03-14-2011, 09:41 PM

1 posts, read 6,635 times
1) Raleigh Chinese Language School: It accept kids from 3+. It teaches traditional Chinese characters. They have different classes for both Chinese and non-Chinse speaking kids and My daughter started the school last August. Her class has 13 students, age 3-4, both Chinese and half Chinese kids. The teacher is great and very patient. All languages class is at 1:30-3:30 Saturday.

2) Little Panda Preschool in Durham: I started to send my daughter there since January and twice a week. The teacher are very nice. Most of the kids are American kids or half Chinese. They teach simplifed Chinese characters. You can send your kid there from 2 days to 5 days a week, a half day or full day.

3) Cary Chinese Language school: It accept kids from age 4. Saturday school only. They teach simplifed characters. You can find more info about the school on its website. It seems they have complete different approach for teaching: teaching lots of characters for the first few yrs then pin yin.

If you are from Taiwan, you are most likely going to choose Raleigh school. I am from mainland, so I am thinking if I should stay with Raleigh or go to Cary next school yr. One of parent from Raleigh school, who is teaching Chinese in Chapel Hill told me that when kids start with learning simplified system, later they are always have big obstacles to learn traditional character system, but no the other way around.
I hope it helps. good luck.

Old 03-15-2011, 10:59 AM

81 posts, read 117,680 times
I'll piggy back on this post.The Raleigh Chinese school is wonderful.There are a lot of non native Chinese learners there and it's accredited by Wake County schools.If anyone knows about Chinese (traditional characters) summer camp in the region,please let me know.DM me.

Old 08-14-2011, 08:38 AM
HIZ

1 posts, read 6,231 times
Does anybody know about Carolina Chinese Academy ?

Last edited by Green Irish Eyes; 08-14-2011 at 09:45 AM..

Old 08-16-2011, 08:42 AM

29 posts, read 73,408 times
This is the link of Cary Chinese School: Cary Chinese School

And there's a large Chinese community group in this area called CAFA (Chinese American Friendship Association), it opens to public, both Chinese and American, has many local events that associate with Chinese culture. Their website is: CAFA-NC

Hope this helps.

Old 05-08-2014, 06:08 AM

1 posts, read 3,819 times
Saturday Enrichment Classes offer at Shodor (807 E. Main St., Durham).
Fun Mandarin (10:00-11:00)
Art & Calligraphy (11:00-12:30)

Monday Enrichment Class: Fun Mandarin (3:00-4:00)

Instructor/Author: Sally Gouw, University of Pennsylvania, MA in Linguistics, National Taiwan University
Let's Learn Numbers in Mandarin Chinese, published at Amazon.com
Facebook: [url]https://www.facebook.com/pages/Mandarinchinese/374538699281894[/url]
For more info., please email: [email]freemandarinlessons@gmail.com[/email]

Old 09-18-2014, 07:07 PM

1 posts, read 3,402 times
Default Chapel Hill Chinese Language and Culture School

Our kids have been going to Chapel Hill Chinese Language and Culture School for 4 years. They love it! It's a small school but the teachers there are excellent.

Here is the website:
[url]http://www.chclcs-chinese.org/home[/url]

Old 02-12-2015, 11:07 PM

1 posts, read 2,807 times
Is to there any Chinese school for kids age 12 and 13? My kids learn and speak basic Mandarin since they're 5yrs to 11yrs old.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary