U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2010, 01:36 PM

1,878 posts, read 4,659,678 times

Advertisements

I've recently seen a sign put up for a bowling center opening soon in Mebane. Looks like it should be pretty cool, including a 47" 3D TV. Here's the website, which doesn't have much yet ZBowl and a couple articles on what to expect Z-Bowl Invests Millions in Family Entertainment Center; Scheduled to Open in April, 2010 : published at CarolinaNewswire.com - Stay on top of the day's business & technology news

3D TV Coming to Z-Bowl Family Entertainment Center - PR.com

Tanger Outlets will be opening up later this year and I can't wait!

Does anyone know what is going on with Buckhorn Village? Is Orange County scratching that? I sure hope not.

And what is going on with the White Furniture building and the proposed apartments, retail, and offices? Niemann Capital :: (http://www.niemanncapital.com/info.php?info_id=8 - broken link)

I'm still trying to get use to living out here and these things would certainly help. But, I would also love to see more restaurants and an organic market downtown. Would be great to see something similar to a Weaver St. Market open up.

I would love to see all these thing, but I also hope Mebane won't get too crazy with the growth. From what I've heard Mebane would still like to keep things small and controlled.

Here's Downtown Mebane's website for those interested http://www.downtownmebane.com/index.html

Last edited by DanielleNC; 03-15-2010 at 01:52 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2010, 05:00 PM

Bump. Hoping some of the Mebane folks will see this or someone will know something. There is so much potential for downtown and I would like to hear if there is anything else going on. Thanks!

Old 03-16-2010, 06:05 PM

93 posts, read 187,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielleNC View Post
Bump. Hoping some of the Mebane folks will see this or someone will know something. There is so much potential for downtown and I would like to hear if there is anything else going on. Thanks!
I think you may be the only Mebane person on the board. I would like to help you out, but Mebane is very far north of me. I don't think I have ever been there besides driving past to get to a destination.

Old 03-16-2010, 06:11 PM

Thanks Pottery. There are a few of them on here, but it doesn't seem like they get on as often anymore. I use to drive by it too until my friend moved out here years ago. I was suprised to see how cute the downtown and older homes are that line 5th St. It's a nice town and has a lot of potential, I am just getting impatient

I'm giving it 2-3 more years (housing credit) and then we'll see if I stick around or move back to Hillsborough or Durham.

Old 03-16-2010, 06:49 PM

93 posts, read 187,411 times
Is that where JR's is located? I did stop there a few times when driving by.

Old 03-16-2010, 06:53 PM

That's actually in Burlington. I keep telling my boyfriend I am going to take him there. I have only been once with my friend who lives in Mebane, and I have never seen such an interesting store.

Old 03-16-2010, 07:13 PM

A&M Grill was on WRAL today. I've eaten there once and it was pretty good. My friend's husband's uncle is in the video.

Mebane's A&M Grill serves up barbecue :: WRAL.com

Old 03-16-2010, 07:40 PM

82 posts, read 209,518 times
Default Danielle....who is your ISP? my friend

lives in mebane. for isp, she recently got switched from mebtel (ok service she used only during nights/weekends) to centurylink (dreadful, horrible, ugly service that she uses in both the day& nighttime now). she has outages several times a week with cl. she says her only other choice is time warner & that her neighbor warned her against them because their wiring out there is bad. im curious as to who you use....or do use something like a card? i read something about that yesterday, something about a card for people who are in areas where there is not alot of availability of is (but i am an admitted tech stupido, as is my friend haha!). if the people of mebane all have such bad isps & i had money to invest, i would bring something out to mebane!

Old 03-17-2010, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roguesmom View Post
lives in mebane. for isp, she recently got switched from mebtel (ok service she used only during nights/weekends) to centurylink (dreadful, horrible, ugly service that she uses in both the day& nighttime now). she has outages several times a week with cl. she says her only other choice is time warner & that her neighbor warned her against them because their wiring out there is bad. im curious as to who you use....or do use something like a card? i read something about that yesterday, something about a card for people who are in areas where there is not alot of availability of is (but i am an admitted tech stupido, as is my friend haha!). if the people of mebane all have such bad isps & i had money to invest, i would bring something out to mebane!
We use Time Warner b/c I'm not aware of a better service yet. I'm not sure about the wiring being any worse out this way than elsewhere. We use to live near Brier Creek and the connection was really bad there. But we were in a townhome/apartment community so the cable was split quite a bit. But we're in Efland, so there may be more options in Mebane since that's the Greensboro market (at least the Mebane that's in Alamance County is).

Old 03-20-2010, 12:36 PM

4,899 posts, read 16,253,473 times
we use time warner and centry tel, and have great service with both...i don't know if your freinds lives way out of town, but we have had no trouble...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary