U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2010, 03:35 PM

6,185 posts, read 13,844,098 times

Advertisements

Wegmans is in Virginia. It's only a state away!

As far as Food Lion, they survive because they are convenient, and there is not enough competition. We do most of our grocery shopping at Sam's Club or Costco and go to Food Lion or Lowes only when absolutely necessary. My husband does most of that shopping, and he does it in record time so he doesn't have to spend any more time there than necessary.

At Wegmans, it's "destination" shopping, and you want to go there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2010, 06:25 AM

2,812 posts, read 6,447,100 times
Wow another Retail place not 'Bloom'-ing! Now there is a surprise! Maybe if they named it "Roaring" they would of opened. A grocery store where one can sink their teeth into our produce! Or a grocery store that can 'tear-up' prices!

I know they were building one in Wake Forest and it was started. . Its not going to be a concrete pad with pipes sticking out of it is it? Does it have walls up now? Concrete, Bricks, and Mortar...Oh My!

Old 03-17-2010, 06:55 AM

11 posts, read 25,970 times
How about some variety...in general.. I stay off of Morrisville Parkway and I have at least 7 grocery stores within a 5-8 minute drive time..( Mostly Harris Teeter's) I would love for them to put a Trader Joe's or another Fresh Market within the area.

Old 03-17-2010, 07:41 AM

3,627 posts, read 5,013,365 times
Say what you like about Food Lion but they're not stupid businesspeople. If they don't see Bloom being profitable, they won't waste the extra money. Bloom is nothing but a Food Lion on steroids anyway.

And regarding Wegmans, I've been to the ones in Virginia a couple times and find them extremely crowded and overpriced. The employees were surly and the parking/traffic around them was horrible.

I fail to see the appeal.

Old 03-17-2010, 07:52 AM

Oh. You'd have to visit the Wegmans stores in Rochester, I guess.

There are so many Rochesterians down here, that they could all staff the Wegmans here, and they would "get it."

Surly employees would not last long at Wegmans in Rochester. They'd be out the door. Parking has never been a problem at the Wegmans stores I know, either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynchburgLover View Post
Say what you like about Food Lion but they're not stupid businesspeople. If they don't see Bloom being profitable, they won't waste the extra money. Bloom is nothing but a Food Lion on steroids anyway.

And regarding Wegmans, I've been to the ones in Virginia a couple times and find them extremely crowded and overpriced. The employees were surly and the parking/traffic around them was horrible.

I fail to see the appeal.

Old 03-17-2010, 08:18 AM

2,812 posts, read 6,447,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovebrentwood View Post
Oh. You'd have to visit the Wegmans stores in Rochester, I guess.

There are so many Rochesterians down here, that they could all staff the Wegmans here, and they would "get it."

Surly employees would not last long at Wegmans in Rochester. They'd be out the door. Parking has never been a problem at the Wegmans stores I know, either.

One benefit for being in upstate NY is Wegmans! The place is absolutely packed on the weekends.....they are by far the most customer friendly grocery store I have shopped in. Nothing in the triangle compares. Harris Teeter is the closest but come up several isles short IMHO!

So I certainly take a price check on your comment and agree!

Old 03-17-2010, 09:23 AM

247 posts, read 435,731 times
I loved the Wegman's in VA when I lived there...the best part was the child room. I could drop my then 3 year old off to play (leaving them my cell number) and I could shop in the store in peace. He loved it and begged to go...ha! The one in Ashburn was a little crowded on the weekends but everything in NoVA is crowded because there are too many people there. I went to Bloom once to check it out and hated it. I preferred to shop at Whole Foods, Harris Teeter, and Wegman's...

Old 03-17-2010, 05:50 PM

93 posts, read 187,365 times
Wegmans is not a choice I would like to see here. Food Lion stinks IMO, but Wegmans isn't much better.

Old 03-17-2010, 06:01 PM

LOL.

They're different as night and day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pottery Collector View Post
Wegmans is not a choice I would like to see here. Food Lion stinks IMO, but Wegmans isn't much better.

Old 03-17-2010, 06:05 PM

1,112 posts, read 2,488,639 times
Default what we need is something new like "Fresh and Easy"

instead of dreary Food Lion or Kroger, who already walked away from the NC55/Highhouse location, we need something completely new like the Tesco Fresh and Easy concept being rolled out in California, Nevada and Arizona. In this economy I guess it will be 10 years before they get here . Shame as the Bloom stores fit the bill exactly for Fresh & Easy

Fresh & Easy Neighborhood Market™ - Home Page
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary