Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2007, 02:47 PM

24 posts, read 116,586 times

Advertisements

We have just now started looking for a house with a decent sized lot (.25 to .5) in a good school district. I hear that the best schools are in Wake county :-) Now that I have figured out what I can get for my budget (<300K) in Cary (which are mostly townhomes at the lower end of the price range or smallers SFs at the top end) I was trying to figure out if I can get a more sizable house in North Raleigh...but I cannot figure out which areas fall under North Raleigh...Is there a easier way to find out or seach for house listings in North Raleigh?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2007, 12:19 AM

2 posts, read 4,904 times
Default Searching for a place to call home

Get a map and isolate the zip codes under the area defined as "North Raleigh". Then use REALTOR.com - Real Estate Listings & Homes For Sale and those zip code(s) to figure out what is available for sale or lease. Note that listings on realtor.com are duh, listed properties. In other words, the FSBO and private owners are not on realtor. com. To get to the two latter types try either fsbo.com, or in the case of private owners good ole shoe leather -- ie drive (or walk the streets). Also find a local weekly newspaper serving those zip codes and craigslist.

Good luck!

Old 06-14-2007, 07:29 AM

3,021 posts, read 11,057,418 times
There is a whole section on these boards dedicated to that part of North Carolina.
http://www.city-data.com/forum/ralei...pel-hill-cary/
Just read around there & you will find tons of great information about Cary, North Raleigh, and lots of other places you might not already know about.

Old 06-14-2007, 11:56 AM

1,515 posts, read 6,982,408 times
I just moved from Raleigh to Clayton actually. You can get some really nice houses, on a good size lot (what you are looking for) at the price you mentioned.

I would keep Clayton in mind. There are alot of threads on this board discussing Clayton, I would do some research on it.

Plus, the schools in Johnston County have some excellent reviews.

Good luck!

Old 06-14-2007, 12:16 PM

1,994 posts, read 5,961,680 times
There are plenty of homes in your price range on bigger lots in good school districts throughout the triangle, including Cary. Just look at older homes.

Old 06-14-2007, 02:38 PM

560 posts, read 2,849,169 times
Try Wake Forest and Rolesville too, they border North Raleigh and are still in Wake.

Old 06-15-2007, 07:23 PM

5 posts, read 16,411 times
Schools can vary a lot. Also test scores do not always best represent the overall quality of the school. In the Triangle area (Raleigh-Durham-Chapel Hill) there is a lot of educational choices from traditional public schools, magnet schools, charter schools, private schools, etc.

Moderator cut: solicitingWe moved here from Upstate NY over 12 years ago and we love it.

Last edited by scirocco22; 06-15-2007 at 09:52 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary