Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-20-2010, 02:52 PM

1,395 posts, read 5,084,365 times

Advertisements

I was surprised to see that Lennar has started building at the Park at West Lake.

The Park at West Lake New Home Community - Cary - Raleigh, North Carolina | Lennar Homes

What sort of reputation does this builder have?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2010, 03:38 PM

43,279 posts, read 77,092,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyCrash View Post
I was surprised to see that Lennar has started building at the Park at West Lake.

The Park at West Lake New Home Community - Cary - Raleigh, North Carolina | Lennar Homes

Interesting that many of these lots passed through L and L of Raleigh 18 days before Lennar bought them.
I.e., Ownership History - 0377926

Old 03-20-2010, 04:44 PM

645 posts, read 1,503,352 times
The small custom builders are in a world of hurt. the only companies with money have the pull at the banks for any loan money. Tract builders will be taking over most of the building here for the forbeable future. Weekly and royal oaks are now the only people building here in lakestone village in Fuquay.

Old 03-20-2010, 07:43 PM

93 posts, read 229,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyCrash View Post

That is not good. It seems to be happening to more and more developments. I wonder if anyone has a list of developments which are still only custom builders and if they are still building? I have seen some custom builder developments that seem to be at a stand still. They only build pre-sales, which is pretty slow.

Old 03-21-2010, 08:16 AM

1,886 posts, read 4,815,133 times
If there has to be a tract builder I'll take Lennar over Pulte/Centex, KB, or many others.
This really should not have a huge effect on the Heritage and Woodlands sections-they are pretty much built out. Just a few lots left in those sections.
It doesn't appear as if L and L are pulling out but they simply don't have the volume to complete the Commons quickly enough for the developer. John Brown has demonstrated a willingness to sell out his local builders before (see Hilliard Forest).
Lennar's price points don't seem to be significantly undercutting the other PAWL builders either. Their model home is already up and it's not exactly a sore thumb-Hardiplank, decent detailing, etc.
I think this is simply a case of Lennar having the resources that L&L didn't, and if it enables the neighborhood to build out that much quicker that's ok. PAWL is far enough along that Lennar can't redefine it at this point.

Old 03-21-2010, 01:09 PM

1,112 posts, read 2,864,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
Interesting that many of these lots passed through L and L of Raleigh 18 days before Lennar bought them.
I.e., Ownership History - 0377926
a nice 19% return for L&L for 18 days investment
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary