Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2010, 11:18 AM

84 posts, read 155,846 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorasMom View Post
I just got an iPhone yesterday! I'll add it!

I use Facebook constantly - I keep in touch with my entire extended family that way. That is good and bad. I'm a shell of myself on there, lol.
I would say 85-90% of my company is on Facebook. It is a great way to connect with coworkers along with family.

A day does not go by without a conversation with a coworker on something they wrote on my wall or something I wrote on theirs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2010, 11:25 AM

6,297 posts, read 16,089,036 times
I must admit I did find Facebook useful last week when I was wondering about a friend I'd lost contact with right after high school. It was a loooooooong time ago.

I searched for her name, and within FOUR minutes, she responded! She was listed under her maiden name, and she's living in Arizona. I was surprised we went to the same college, at slightly different times, majoring in similar subjects.

Old 03-22-2010, 11:30 AM

3,929 posts, read 2,951,705 times
People at work keep trying to get me to sign up for a Facebook account and Twitter, but I just don't have any use for it. That doesn't mean that other people don't have a use for those things or that I think they are useless, but I just don't personally have any need for that stuff.

My co-workers are on Facebook for the games and they apparently do this all the time/all day. I'm not much into games like that. I can see it being useful for keeping in touch with friends and family, but that is why I have email and a phone.

Old 03-22-2010, 11:35 AM

1,877 posts, read 5,341,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FluidFreedom View Post
My co-workers are on Facebook for the games and they apparently do this all the time/all day. I'm not much into games like that. I can see it being useful for keeping in touch with friends and family, but that is why I have email and a phone.
Yes, some people play those silly games, but most don't. Personally, I find keeping in touch with friends and family easier on Facebook than calling/emailing. But I do use all three, just depends on how I would use them. Also, it's much easier for me to find long lost friends and family on Facebook than any other tool. It's also easier for me to keep up with events going on around town by being a fan of local pages.

Old 03-22-2010, 11:39 AM

881 posts, read 2,252,795 times
I've used fb for years. Makes it easy to keep up with everyone.

I have a twitter account but I don't actually "tweet". I read others tweets such as Cohan, Justin from sh**tmydadsays is hilarious. Also NC State has a few difference accounts and they post interesting information.

Old 03-22-2010, 11:43 AM

4,477 posts, read 11,614,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FluidFreedom View Post
Some of my coworkers are on Facebook throughout the day instead of working - something I find HIGHLY annoying.

Old 03-22-2010, 11:53 AM

494 posts, read 1,388,012 times
Ironicly,FB seems as if it could be a great avenue for anti social behavior.No face to face contact,no voice contact,great way to keep in touch with those you don't want to keep in touch.

Old 03-22-2010, 11:55 AM

7,104 posts, read 11,593,295 times
I'd die if my boss tried to friend me on Facebook. My last boss was on there and she didn't want to friend any of us. I'm so glad because we're on opposite sides of the political spectrum. I would have had to create a second incognito account just to be myself. It gets very complicated with the work thing.

Old 03-22-2010, 12:25 PM

1,561 posts, read 5,156,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adlnc07 View Post
Some of my coworkers are on Facebook throughout the day instead of working - something I find HIGHLY annoying.
they probably find it annoying that you're minding their business.

Old 03-22-2010, 12:26 PM

1,561 posts, read 5,156,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KE4ZNR View Post
Like I said in my 1st post: You are only going to get as much out of Twitter as you put into it. I would find it annoying too if I never engaged anyone on the service. You yourself admit you never post anything. So you are never going to get anything in return.
ok, i wasnt personally attacking your love of twitter. i find it annoying because i dont give a crap about every mundane detail of people's days, and every random thought they have. as a result of that, i never use it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary